latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Doesn't go to Paypal page after recent update

Home Forums Community Forum Doesn't go to Paypal page after recent update

This topic contains 42 replies, has 6 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years, 1 month ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #33035

Sorry, that wasn’t very clear. What I mean is, that I have to go into the API settings in Paypal, and I’m afraid that it will change the settings or it may be a random setting and will screw up the settings for the live site. Is that not the case?

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #33054
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

No, that’s not the case. As long as you don’t click any buttons that say something like “Regenerate API Key” or “Generate API Key”, you should be able to simply view the current settings.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:09 pm #33064

Hello again,

Well, I seem to have corrected the issue in my test site, but I can’t duplicate it in the “real” site.

I even recreated the Pro button to see if just doing it again would somehow “fix” the problem, but it isn’t. I’m sorry this is so frustrating!

Cristián : You said this earlier in this thread:

Okay, I looked at it and I then tried your shortcode in my test installation, and can confirm that the displayed pro-forms are different. Yours shows the Billing Information section, which shouldn’t be there, since you’re only accepting payments through Express Checkout, which collects the billing information over at PayPal’s site

I’m not sure what you mean here. Could this be an issue as to why it only works with IE9 though?

I have also disabled all the addons associated with Internet Explorer and that didn’t help me be able to pay.

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #33065

So to double check, I have loaded on every plugin that is on the live site, onto the testing site, and it still works. I also put the theme back on there too. (the testing site.) I’m stumped.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 11:38 pm #33074

I’m not sure what you mean here.

It was the section that asks for the address because you had configured taxes, while I had not, so the pro-form wasn’t showing that section in my installation. Before I realized it was the taxes thing, I thought it may be a JS problem not hiding that section of the pro-form. I clarified it later when I realized what was happening, but I guess I wasn’t clear enough, sorry. :)

So to double check, I have loaded on every plugin that is on the live site, onto the testing site, and it still works. I also put the theme back on there too. (the testing site.) I’m stumped.

There must be something different that you didn’t catch yet. Double check your PayPal integration, make sure it’s all correct for the live site, please.

You can also re-upload s2Member and s2Member Pro, in case there’s a file that wasn’t uploaded correctly when you did the update. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips -> Files

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 4:25 pm #33127

Okay, I will do all of that. Thanks for all of your help. I think you guys are great!

Mary

p.s. I’ll let you know if I figure out what it is, so you can help some other person should it ever come up again.

Posted: Sunday Dec 2nd, 2012 at 4:40 am #33192

Okay, I will do all of that. Thanks for all of your help. I think you guys are great!

Thanks for the kudos! We’re happy to help where we can. :)

p.s. I’ll let you know if I figure out what it is, so you can help some other person should it ever come up again.

Good, will be looking forward to that!

Posted: Monday Dec 3rd, 2012 at 8:35 pm #33400

Well, I’ve gone through everything and have found out that if I put on compatibility mode in IE9, the button works.
What would cause that? I have found code to turn off compatibility code, but not turn it on. And will that screw up any other parts of your program?

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 4:46 pm #33475
Staff Member
Update. s2Member Support Rep (Bruce), may have found something in the s2Member code that exacerbates this issue. We are working through his thoughts on this, and attempting a deeper investigating at this time. I will update this thread once further details are available.
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 7:13 pm #33498

thanks, I’ll look out for it!

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 9:36 pm #33509
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

Investigation Complete.

We have determined that the problem occurs when s2Member Shortcodes are wrapped in paragraph (<p>) tags.

To fix the issue, you need to take a look at your page(s) with s2Member’s Pro Forms in them with the HTML editor. Then delete any and all <p></p> tags surrounding the shortcode.

These tags are not needed, as your theme should already format forms with margins. If, however, you would like extra spacing between you content and your Pro Form, use 1 or more break (<br />) tags.

IE9 standards cause s2Member’s Pro Form to be closed before any data is created inside of the form, therefore causing the form to have no data to submit. This happens only with Internet Explorer 9, and not with IEs previous versions (IE7, or IE8).
This issue does not occur if your theme forces Internet Explorer to run in Compatibility Mode.
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 10:06 pm #33512

I was really excited to finally find the solution, but I don’t have any paragraph tags around my Member’s Pro Form. I wish I did, really I do.

What other page would I have anything on it apart from the Membership Options page? Perhaps I’m missing something?

Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 10:33 pm #33513
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

I was really excited to finally find the solution, but I don’t have any paragraph tags around my Member’s Pro Form. I wish I did, really I do.

I noticed this issue because, in your source code for you Membership Options Page, you have this code:

<p><form id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form" class="s2member-pro-paypal-form s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form" method="post" action="/membership-options/">

<!-- Response Section ( this is auto-filled after form submission ). -->
	<div id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-response-section" class="s2member-pro-paypal-form-section s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-section s2member-pro-paypal-form-response-section s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form-response-section">...

As you can see, there is a <p> tag around the s2Member’s form, which is causing the issue in IE9. Could this be an effect of a visual editor that you’re using? Try deleting any line breaks above the shortcode and see if that fixes the error.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Bruce.
Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 9:49 am #33562

I looked yesterday at the HTML and didn’t see any

tags at all, and I even copied it to Notepad++.

However, because believe me I want this to be over as much as you do, I removed any spacing at all between the paragraphs before and after the check out form, and it doesn’t work.

But your code above

<form id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form" class="s2member-pro-paypal-form s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-form" method="post" action="/membership-options/">

Wasn’t even on my page. Where did you see that? Are you looking at the opt-assess.com page? I added it just to see if it would help, but that hasn’t changed anything either. Sorry.

The code below is all I had on my page (to do with the form), and although the html doesn’t show any

tags, as I said, I’ve removed any spaces just to make sure.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$500.00 CAD + tax / One Time - Assess Certification Training" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="CAD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="opt-assess.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="500.00" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

This is so frustrating.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 1:02 pm #33583
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

That’s interesting. For a temporary fix, I recommend adding a </p> tag right before the shortcode.

My guess would be that WordPress is adding these <p> tags outside of the HTML editor.

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:20 pm #33591

Thank you, thank you, thank you. What a crazy reason for it not to work. I can’t even see an open ended

tag anywhere, but that did the trick.

I was about to give it all up for lion taming, or bee keeping.

thank you all for your perseverance.

Mary

Posted: Wednesday Dec 5th, 2012 at 2:22 pm #33592
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

Glad to hear that fixed it. I will keep an eye out for what might be causing these paragraph tags to be automatically generated as they were in your installation.

EDIT: 01/8/13 – Problem founds to be a problem with the wpautop feature. Disabling this feature fixes the issue.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wpautop

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.