latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Donate capability?

Home Forums Community Forum Donate capability?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 30th, 2012 at 10:09 pm #14993

I have been searching everywhere with little luck.

I would like to have a donate paypal pro form with an editable amount, any ideas?

Users could dontate any amount they wish, this would get them no extra features or levels.

HELP…

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 7:04 am #15036
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Yes, it’s possible to create a user-configurable price for PayPal buttons and Pro-Forms. For customizing the Pro-Form, you’ll need to use Dynamic Shortcode Attributes. Please see the following two threads for more information:

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16566&p=59040#p59040
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Also, if these “donations” will be made by members who are already logged in, you’ll want to use Custom Capability (Buy Now) forms/buttons (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons) and simply sell a Custom Capability called “donation”. If you don’t use the capability for anything, selling it won’t give the user any extra features.

Posted: Thursday May 31st, 2012 at 11:06 am #15054

if you have a paypal account you can create a domate button there as well. Once you have that button created you can copy/paste the code that PayPal gives you to any page/post on your site.

To create a button on the PayPal site log in to your account go to profile->options->Sales preferences->PayPal buttons. Select New button from the screen you get then you select donate button.
Just follow the steps. It is quite straightforward.

It could be that the terminology on the paypal site is somewhat different from what I told you here. I had to translate from Dutch into English because PayPal presents itself in Dutch to me (Since I am living in the Netherlands).

Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 5:41 am #15141
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

OK, thank you for the information, Boudewijn.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.