latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Don’t see all the S2Member options

Home Forums Community Forum Don’t see all the S2Member options

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 14th, 2013 at 9:44 pm #47468

We have installed the free version of s2Member, on two different sites and servers. On one of the sites, we don’t see all the S2Member options in the Dashboard. Specifically, in the general option section we see only:

Deactivation Safeguards
Security Encryption Key
Localhost WAMP/MAMP Developer
S2Member Security Badge

We cannot see:

Email configuration
open registration
membership levels/labels
Login/registration design

ETC.
We already brought the S2Member Pro, but we have not updated yet to pro.

We have tried all of the following list of the troubleshooting but it is still not working. Can any one help about this issue?

Conflicting Plugins
Conflicting Theme
User Error
Server Configuration
Outdated Installation
Corrupt or Missing Files

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 1:46 am #47470

have you tried copying the files from the working site to the site that is not showing all options?

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:11 pm #47539
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you give a Dashboard login so we can take a look? It sounds like there’s a timeout, or a JavaScript issue here.

You can send your details here: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 9:57 pm #47569
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received. Thank you.

~ I’m taking a look now.
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:16 pm #47570
Bruce
Staff Member

I’m not seeing any JavaScript errors on the page. I’d like to check your plugins to see if there are any direct hooks into s2Member to turn off these fields, but the FTP access you provided does not work. Are there further instructions to log in via FTP?

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 10:42 pm #47574

Thank you for looking into this. Actually you will not be able to FTP in, as I am webmaster for a site that lives behind a hyper-secure firewall and can barely get in myself, after a two step VPN, etc. process. In fact, I’m pretty sure this has something to do with the server access. When I activate the plugin, it is supposed to create two folders in the plugins root folder. (I know because I watched a video about it.) I don’t see any of these folders. It should be s2member-files and s2member-logs folders. Also I can’t update s2member and I get the following message:

Removing the old version of the plugin…

Could not remove the old plugin.

Plugin update failed.

Do you think it could be a server config problem? If so, I can put you in touch with our server admin, who is behind the firewall and can help to fix it. He also has access this forum.

Thanks,
Lobsang

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 12:14 am #47576
Bruce
Staff Member

Do you think it could be a server config problem? If so, I can put you in touch with our server admin, who is behind the firewall and can help to fix it. He also has access this forum.

Yes, I’d say this is probably a permissions issue. I’d recommend checking your directory’s permissions via FTP and make sure that all of your directories are set to permissions 775, and your PHP files (at least within s2member’s directory, with the exception of s2member-o.php which needs to be 775) are 664.

We can’t really continue to debug your site without FTP access so you’ll need to either take this up with your hosting company or get us a way to get FTP access to your domain so we can continue to debug your installation.

Thank you.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.