latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Download Packs for All level Subscribers

Home Forums Community Forum Download Packs for All level Subscribers

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason Allen 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:20 am #60844

Okay I have been looking for this in the videos and on the site.

I may just be over thinking it …

I would like to allow my subscribers, no matter what level they are at to be able to purchase a ‘download pack’.

Say 10 downloads for a certain price kinda thing … and be able to set up a number of these levels.

I had thought this could be done with a ‘Buy Now’ button but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.DigitalFabber.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:37 am #60848
cassel
Username: cassel

All subscribers, no matter their level, would be able to log in, so if you use a conditional that anyone who is logged in can access the button, you can hide the button inside a conditional (I have that in my site, so I know that works).

So you can simply go with something like this:

General information about the content in question, which will be seen by everyone, but be used as a sale pitch for anyone new
[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
  Put the code for the Buy now button.
[/s2If]
[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
    A message like this "This package is only available to registered members. If you are already a registered member, please log in (link to the login page). If you are not yet registered, you can register here (and include a link to the registration).
[/s2If]

And you can go more complex if you want. Here is an example on my site:
http://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/framed-with-psp-2/
If you are not logged in, you see only a sale pitch.
If you are logged in but didn’t buy the package, you will see the free streaming video and a shorter sale pitch for purchasing the package.
If you are logged in and have purchased the package, you see everything except the sale pitch.

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am #60850

I am offering digital files on my site and I want to sell downloads in packs. Not sell the individual downloads.

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am #60851
cassel

You can put the links to the downloads pack in the same way.

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:16 pm #60855

Okay …

So I want to be able to sell an existing subscriber ‘more downloads’ …

In ‘blocks’ of say …

10 downloads for $50.00
25 downloads for $100.00
50 downloads for $150.00
100 downloads for $200.00
500 downloads for $750.00
1000 downloads for $500.00

I know number of downloads and price is irrelevant but this is the idea.

Is this possible?

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 6:49 pm #60860
cassel

Hum… I don’t know about that. Are the downloads all different? If so, I am not sure s2M can calculate the number of items a customer would buy since it does not have a “cart” system.

If the packs (like the 10 downloads) can be always the same as in File1+File2+File3+…+File10, while the 20 download pack goes from File1+…. File20, then you might be able to package them, but if the 10 downloads means “the user can pick any 10 files among this list of 100 files”, then, I don’t think it can work.

Maybe someone has a workaround for that, but I have not seen it. And since I never used that, if it is out there, it probably didn’t hit me.

Posted: Monday Nov 4th, 2013 at 7:14 pm #60863

Yes there will be many different downloads on the site. They wouldn’t be buying each item … they would purchase a number of downloads.

S2M tracks downloads by Level I was just hoping this was possible – I guess I could offer more levels I was just hoping to sell blocks.

I have different levels with different numbers of downloads.

Check out my subscription page here http://digitalfabber.com/membership-options-page/

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Jason Allen.
Posted: Tuesday Nov 5th, 2013 at 9:58 am #60882

I am kinda waiting for a staff member to chime in here.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.