latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Dripped content and conditionals

Home Forums Community Forum Dripped content and conditionals

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Leo Woer 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 6:28 am #31551
Leo Woer
Username: lewo

Hi Christián

I have looked into the answers you gave me in ticket #29476.

I am not sure if this is the right one I am after, as I want to have a membership site with concurrent payment each month, and I have build the content up as month 1, month 2, month 3 ……. month 99. So when the 1st payment has been done (the intro price) they have access to month 1, when payment has been done for month 2 they have access to month 1+2 – 3rd payment = month 1-2-3 and so on until for example the 50th payment has been done, then they have life long access – I might also introduce that if they pay xyz from start they also have life long access.

I am sure that the preview off which comes next month – which was treated in the same ticket – can be done with the API conditionals, however, I guess that to protect content in regard to the monthly payments I need the unlimited levels – or have I not understood your answer correctly ?

That is no problem for me to buy the single user license, as I understand that I also will get extended support with this, and when hopefully I have a success with my first site, I will upgrade to unlimited, as I count on having 5 membership sites max along the way.

One other question I would like to ask is that I work with galleries in my site, and I have discovered that Microsoft Explorer has some issues with it – not firefox, not Safari, and not Chrome. In Microsoft Explorer I have to refresh the browser to get it on track again, so I wondered if there was a php command which refreshes the browser when opening the pages, then I will just place that in the start of the page and use the php plugin. I have off course searched the net, but can only find interval refresh which is not good for this.

rgds
Leo

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 4:24 pm #31607
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Leo,

The Content Dripping feature works by comparing one piece of information (e.g., the number of days that have passed since the user signed up) with another piece of information (e.g., greater than 30 days, greater than 60 days, etc.). So, you could write a conditional that says “if this paid member signed up more than 30 days ago, and they are still a paid member, show them this content”.

There is no data on “number of payments this user has made”, but if you know that the subscription recurs every 30 days, you can simply check if they’re still a paid member and then use how many days has passed since they became a paid member to determine where in the payment history they are.

I recommend reading through Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants to learn more about Content Dripping.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:46 am #31663
Leo Woer

Thank you very much – it was the item with still a paying member which I didn’t think of.

Did you by the way know how to refresh the browser with a php command ?

regards
Leo

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:07 pm #31714
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Leo,

If you search Google for “refresh page with php”, you should find many answers.

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #31734
Leo Woer

ok
thank you

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.