latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Easier way to see what visitors see

Home Forums Community Forum Easier way to see what visitors see

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 1:35 pm #7177
cassel
Username: cassel

I am using conditionals and ccaps a lot. I love the flexibility it gives. However, when i have conditionals and want to check what the page looks like, i often have to log out, view as a visitor, find something i want to edit, log in again, find the page to edit (i have a LOT of them), edit, and repeat. I find it quite tedious and i am wondering if there is any way to view the page as someone else (not the admin), without having to go through all those steps (beside using a second computer!)

If it is not possible, could it be considered as a feature somehow? I dont know how (i am not the programmer! :) ) but having some way to “view as…” would definitely save time when coding a page with conditionals and/or ccaps.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  cassel.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 10:38 pm #7209
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello cassel, thanks for your inquiry. :)

Have you tried or considered using 2 or more browsers?

In other words, in 1 browser have the edit page open, as an admin, and in the other browser be logged in as a visitor.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 11:28 pm #7212
cassel
Username: cassel

I have been using IE and Firefox (because i NEED FF to edit my Headway theme pages), but i hate it as a browser so i edit the WP pages in IE. It seems that if i log in or out of one, it affects the other so i never seemed to be a solution, however, if you are suggesting that, i’ll look further into it.
Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:22 am #7386
Staff Member

Great suggestion. I’ll see what we can do about this.

If it is not possible, could it be considered as a feature somehow? I dont know how (i am not the programmer! :) ) but having some way to “view as…” would definitely save time when coding a page with conditionals and/or ccaps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.