latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Edit the Default WordPress Email

Home Forums Community Forum Edit the Default WordPress Email

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:10 pm #23753
Mike Waller
Username: seozones

I have the pro version and I’ve set the Allow Custom Passwords during Registration set to No, send auto-generate passwords via email.

I did that for email confirmation purposes to make sure the email registered is ligitimate and real. I see the email that get’s sent out but want to edit it a bit (it’s ugly). Can that be done and if so, which file do I edit?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Mike Waller.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:42 am #23771

Hi Mike.

The New User email can be edited from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 1:39 pm #23796
Mike Waller

If I do that though, isn’t it true that the user’s auto-generated email will not be sent to me? Or what is the s2member code that creates the auto-generated password so I can place that in the custom email area?

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 1:46 pm #23798
Mike Waller

Okay, I see how to do it now, thanks!

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:40 am #23827

Cool. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #24567
Mike Waller

Okay, I’m noticing that for the custom email for the admin (Administrative: New User Notification), I’m receiving the email but it is coming from WordPress

Which is strange because I have it set to “Diane”

Any idea why that is happening?

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 7:28 am #24620

Yeah, that’s how WordPress does it.

I think there must be a plugin that lets you edit the sender… Here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mailfrom-ii/

I hope it helps. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.