latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Editing Membership levels

Home Forums Community Forum Editing Membership levels

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 3:32 pm #30929

i added 6 moremembership levels via the php hack for s2members.

now i have levels 1 thorugh 10.

are they all progressive, meaning level 6 and beyond now have all theaccess of level five and below?

how do you change / modify the member levels and their capabilities?

not seeing it first glance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 7:25 pm #30963
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If you’re referring to modifying the user’s levels and Custom Capabilities, you can do that by editing their profile (Dashboard -> Users -> Edit User). If you need to mass-edit users, you can use the Import/Export feature (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export) to export all the users, change their Level/Capabilities, and then reimport them.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:05 pm #30971

what i am trying to understand is are all the levels i added having a higher level of capabilitiy then lev 1-4?

how do you modify the levels themself?

i.e. how do i modify the levels themself, how do you see what access those levels give a user

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Jason eH.
Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 5:32 pm #31064
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Jason,

I don’t understand your question. When you increase the number of Levels available to s2Member, there’s no configuration necessary. The additional levels automatically appear in s2Member and you can start using them immediately. The higher levels are automatically granted access to everything granted to lower levels.

Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 8:37 pm #31085

thats what i wasnt sure of…i want to use more level but variations of subscribers, not a bunch of administrators with more clout then the actual admin….too dangerous even for me…

can you tell wordpress to use levels 6 through 10 andf leave the first 5 to assign as subscribers?

do i have to use a role manager plugin ?

i know about custom capabilites, but I was hoping to assign members roles through another plugin if need be and that plugin can see the extra s2member created roles – with very little indication of their power btw….

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 4:06 am #31106

The s2Member Level roles are basically like the WordPress Subscriber role, plus the s2Member Level Access capabilities for that level and lower (Level 4 role gets access to level 4, level 3, etc.). You can take a look at their capabilities using the User Role Editor plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

Does that help? :)

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 4:12 am #31108

just wondered if there was any way to add 10 subscriber level s2member additional levels instead of 10 administrative levels? – it is my understanding that if you add more levles than the four, they will aways add admin levels as they are after 4, cant you add 5 level 2’s?

sorry i am having trouble phrasing this i hope that is clearer

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 4:33 am #31113

Ah, I see what you mean. None of the s2Member Levels will be an admininstrator, not even the highest. The administrator will have access as the highest level, but the highest level is not an administrator. All the s2Member levels are based on the Subscriber role. You can test this adding more levels and looking at them with the User Role Editor. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:34 am #31115

starting everyone on subscriber is what i had expected hoped….unless otherwise set… thanks

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 5:36 am #31116

can be closed…. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 11:34 am #31139
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Glad to hear you solved this, Jason. I will go ahead and close this ticket.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.