latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Editor access all areas regardless of CCAPS

Home Forums Community Forum Editor access all areas regardless of CCAPS

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 10:51 am #29519
Beags
Username: elbego

Please can you tell me if the following is a function available to the Pro version of S2member?

If so I’m ready to upgrade!

I’ve set up a client portal as per this video: http://www.s2member.com/videos/716DC24E7E347DC2/

Once I hand the site over to my client I will set him as editor, not admin.

At present the editor can edit, add or delete posts which have custom client name specific capabilities but cannot view the live pages which makes it impossible to review the page before it goes live! Only Admin can view these pages

Can this capability be given to Editors? I’ve tried using Members and User Role Editor plugins but with no luck.

Any help appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #29567
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

You would need to give your Editor the same capabilities as an Administrator, which is effectively the same as changing his role to Administrator.

You might be able to tweak the Editor role using a Role Editor plugin to add some, but not all, of the Administrator capabilities to the Editor role, thereby making him look like an Administrator to s2Member and allowing him view the protected pages.

I can’t think of any other way to achieve this, but I’ll send a message to another support rep to see if he has any further suggestions.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 24th, 2012 at 4:33 pm #29587
Beags

Thanks Ramm. I tried adding extra roles to the Editor but there seemed to be about 3 that are assigned to Admin that we’re not ‘visible’. Perhaps these mystery roles are what I’m looking for… Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 7:10 am #29626
Beags

Pleased to say I’ve sorted this!

Used a role editor plugin to assign a new capability of ‘administrator’ to the Editor!

Simple.

Cheers for your time.

Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 2:04 pm #29672
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you solved this! :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.