latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Email Editable

Home Forums Community Forum Email Editable

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Hazbro 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:29 am #8441
Hazbro
Username: hazbro

Hello:

I noticed a user’s email is editable after they register on my site at oddhoursnews.com. I don’t want them to be able to edit their email address. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Hazbro.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Hazbro.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 17th, 2012 at 12:26 pm #8455

This isn’t available as a standard option. The user needs to be able to change their email for various reasons… if you’re worried about not being able to contact them, their updated email should change in your Admin>All users panel.

You’ll also get an email if they change their email or password, though, by default it doesn’t give you the details, it just notifies you.

Give me a thumb if that helps!

Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 12:18 am #8518
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I agree with Jordan’s reasoning, however, if you want, you could use some simple CSS to hide the field and label using “display: none;”.

Are you using the profile shortcode or the standard wordpress profile?

Dave

NOTE: A savy user could still change their e-mail using this method, but most people don’t know html well enough for it to be worth their time to reproduce the form and submit it. In either case, your back-end would still be updated with the new e-mail.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #8567
Hazbro
Username: hazbro

Thanks for the responses Jordan and David.

Jordan: I’m using the profile shortcode.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.