latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT Demotion not working

Home Forums Community Forum EOT Demotion not working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 5:44 pm #21790

I have setup a 5 day trial period, I am using following shortcode

[[s2Member[Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="1" ccaps="" desc="For 5 Days Free Trial Signup now, it's Free!" custom="www.example.com" tp="5" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]]

I have upder Paypal Options Automatic EOT behavior set to handle through WP-Cron.

However, after 5 days, the members are not being demoted to Subscriber.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 12:13 am #21805
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Suhaib,

When setting a Free Registration form to a limited amount of time, the Automatic EOT Time should automatically be set on the users account. If you edit the user’s profile, is there a date set in the Automatic EOT Time field?

Posted: Sunday Aug 12th, 2012 at 2:31 am #21812

Raam,

Thaks for reply. Yes there is a date set in the Automatic EOT Time field. But, the user is not demoted after the date and time set in the Automatic EOT Time Field.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 7:57 pm #21928

Suhaib, could you show us a screenshot of your EOT panel, please? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

Thanks!

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 8:18 pm #21932

Cristian

Here is the screen capture of EOT panel

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:46 am #21988
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Can you confirm that the user is signing up with Level 1 or higher? If the user is signing up at Level 0, then there won’t be a lower level to demote them to (Level 0 is the lowest level). You will only see someone get demoted if they signed up at Level 1 or higher.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:05 am #21996

Hi Raam

Yes, users are signing up with Level 1. They should be demoted to level 0 after EOT expirres, which is not happening. I have to manually change their level to level 0 from level 1.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:34 am #22062
Raam Dev
Staff Member

It sounds like there might be a problem with your WP-Cron automatically processing the EOTs.

Let’s try this test: Try loading the following URL in your browser. It should force the EOT system to process any users whose accounts have an Automatic EOT Time in the past:

http://yoursite.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1

After you load that URL (changing ‘yoursite.com’ to your site’s URL), check if the users who should’ve been demoted have been demoted.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:10 am #22105

Hi Raam

Yess that did work.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 6:34 am #22186
Raam Dev
Staff Member

OK, so that means you’re having an issue with WP-Cron, the WordPress cron-functionality. I’m not sure what might be wrong with it, but you might want to consult with the WordPress.org Support Forums to see if they can offer any suggestions.

For now, I recommend manually creating your own Cron Job through your web host (most web hosts have a control panel where you can create a cron job). Simply change Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> “Yes ( but, I’ll run my own Cron Job )” and then follow the instructions in the paragraph above the drop-down box.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 7:22 am #22196

If WP Cron is failing, it may be another plugin causing it to fail. I’d look for the culprit deactivating the other plugins one by one and testing after each if the problem continues. To test you could probably have a test account, set it at Level 1 and give it an EOT time in the past to have it demoted quickly.

Posted: Thursday Aug 16th, 2012 at 10:19 am #22237

It seems to be a permssion issue. I setup a couple of test cron jobs, which gave error, “The You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/tools.php”

Posted: Saturday Aug 18th, 2012 at 6:35 am #22421

I see. Could you fix the permission for that file? If not, you could contact your web host to help you with it.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.