latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT event triggering

Home Forums Community Forum EOT event triggering

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mary May 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 7:37 am #25562
Mary May
Username: marymay

From time to time in recent months, there have been requests for ways to trigger events when EOT time nears, or just after EOT time. For example, trigger a mail system to send a reminder to renew, or trigger a “special offer” as encouragement to stay, or trigger an “exit survey” for those who leave.

Each of those conversations ended with “we’re developing something for that.”

Do we have an estimate of when that feature/function will be available?
Or, do we have a “hack” that will work in the meantime?
Or, should we just tear into the s2Member code, rip its spleen out, and patch in some other alternatives? :)

“Coming soon” with a semi-accurate date would be a very good answer.

Thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 12:49 am #25655
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

I can confirm that such a feature is in development for the next major release of the software, but I do not have any release date to give you. All I know is that we’re very close to the beta testing phase and as soon as we’re ready to make an announcement about the next major release, we will do that. I’d say “sometime within the next few months” is as accurate as I can get at this point.

In the meantime, yes, there are ways to hook into the Automatic EOT System and write your own custom code that will trigger upon an EOT. There are 18 hooks for the Automatic EOT System; the two that would probably be of most use to you are ws_plugin__s2member_during_auto_eot_system_during_demote and ws_plugin__s2member_during_auto_eot_system_during_delete (which hook gets triggered would depend on your configuration in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior).

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 8:47 am #25693
Mary May
Username: marymay

Thanks Raam.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.