latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT not demoting, wp-cron runs manually

Home Forums Community Forum EOT not demoting, wp-cron runs manually

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 1:19 pm #47426
Tom
Username: halasyt

Hi,
EOT demotion is not working for some reason.

I have wp-cron disabled in wp-config, but set up a cron job to run it every hour with the following command:

wget -O - -q -t 1 http://www.theguitarlesson.com/wp-cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

It runs, since if I have a post scheduled to be published in the future, it gets released as expected, so wp-cron is running.

I tried changing the automatic EOT behavior option and calling http://www.theguitarlesson.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1, but that didn’t demote either.

The weird thing is that it was working just fine before, but not any more. I tried disabling all the plugins as well, but no luck. I have the same site on localhost as well, EOT used to work there as well, but not any more.

I did import 1500 users a few days ago, but I doubt that can such consequences.

What could be wrong?

Thanks
Tom

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 6:22 am #47477
Tom

I’ve been doing a bit of trial-error on the localhost site, and it seems that the EOT demotion error is tied to the number of WP users.

1. So with 1576 users, EOT demotion wasn’t working at all.

2. I deleted all but 3 users, and demotion worked again.

3. I imported 500 users, and demotion stopped working again.

4. Deleted all but the 3 users again, and wouldn’t you know it, demotion started working again.

5. I imported 200 users, and demotion stopped working again. Than I started deleting users in batched of 20, and demotion only started working when I got to around 40 users.

This is really strange, since I use s2 on another site with over 1000 users, and demotion is working fine. There the users came “naturally”, but with this site where it’s not working, I’m importing the users, maybe that has some significance. There are no errors as far as I can see though, the import goes through without any glitches.

Please help me!

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #47531
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

1. So with 1576 users, EOT demotion wasn’t working at all.

2. I deleted all but 3 users, and demotion worked again.

3. I imported 500 users, and demotion stopped working again.

s2Member pulls members directly from your database, so it’s likely that mySQL queries are timing out. Can you run this server scanner? You’ll probably have a low amount of memory allocated to WordPress, and you’ll need to up that. You may also need to contact your hosting provider to see what you can do to prevent this.

See: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 2:46 am #47582
Tom

I have 256MB allocated. Here is the scanner, everything looks good: http://www.theguitarlesson.com/s2-server-scanner.php

I don’t think anything is timing out at all, everything loads really quickly.

What should I do?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 4:35 am #47594

Not sure what the problem could be either… Do you have caching enabled? Make sure that object or database caching aren’t enabled, they’re known to cause trouble.

Could you reproduce this in a clean installation of WordPress with just s2Member added? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

If you can reproduce it in the clean installation, could you provide step-by-step instructions for us to try reproducing it? Including a copy of the CSV you used for the test, please. Let us know if you send this so we look for the email. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 5:10 am #47596
Tom

Yes, I just reproduced this on a clean WP install.

I created the WP installation, removed any plugins, added s2 + s2 Pro, imported the s2 settings I’m using on the original site, and then import 500 users.

I’m sending you the files with the private contact form now.

I created a user called test, so you can see that it doesn’t demote.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 8:36 am #47665

Tom, I looked for your email but couldn’t find it. Could you please resend it?

Make sure the attached CSV file is not larger than 2MB; you may need to zip it first. Or just upload it to your server and give me the URL to it when you submit the site info.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:35 am #47670
Tom

Ok, I sent it again just now, I got a support request received automatic email to confirm.
Thanks!
Tom

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:42 am #47774

No, didn’t get it this time either… I’m emailing you directly so you can reply it from your email account. Please include all the info requested in the contact form.

Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:27 am #47779
Tom

Sure, I just sent the email.

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 8:08 am #47866
Cristian
Username: clavaque

Thanks, got the email.

I looked at your users and saw that the demotion didn’t work for those that had an EOT time. So I tried the same in my tests installation and the demotion worked fine with the same date.

Now, I went to take a look at your CSV file and noticed that most of the 500 users there have an EOT time set, and they are all in the past. It’s my guess that maybe this is not working in your installation due to a timeout or something like that, having to process all these at the same time, perhaps.

Why give them a Level 1 or higher at all if they all should already be demoted to Level 0? I’d just use the Import tool to update them all to Level 0 and remove the EOT time.

I’ll still ask Jason about it, but you should be fine just updating them all manually with the Import to update them.

To update you need the user ID, so you should export a new CSV first, edit the role and EOT there, and reimport to update. If you use the CSV without user IDs you’ll get errors because s2Member will try to create new users and the usernames and email addresses are already in use.

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 8:21 am #47868
Tom

Yippie, it’s working on my test site, so I’m pretty sure it’ll work on the live site as well! Thanks Cristián!!!

Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 8:28 am #47870

Great! Glad I could help. Thanks for the udpate. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.