latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

EOT time not showing

Home Forums Community Forum EOT time not showing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:15 pm #26856

Hi,

When a user registers via Paypal successfully, then the ‘s2member_auto_eot_time’ user field should hold their EOT time. But it remains empty!

Also, when on goes into the user editing page the EOT field is empty, too.

And when we add an EOT column in user listing this column is again empty (we do this as detailed here http://www.s2member.com/kb/adding-a-sortable-eot-user-column/).

Everything else works correctly, the user is registered alright and they are restricted to their content and so on!

Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:42 pm #26863
cassel
Username: cassel

Is the paying member a brand new member? or an existing registered member who is now paying for something?

I found that if an existing registered member makes a purchase without being logged in, s2M does not seem to know what to do with those information. I have had EOT and ccaps not being automatically added in those cases. Would that be your situation?
If the member is brand new: no problem.
If the existing member is logged in when making the purchase; no problem.
If the existing member makes the purchase without being logged in: problem.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 12:46 pm #26864

Shouldn’t the ‘s2member_auto_eot_time’ user field be managed automatically by the system? So that we can have access to it via ‘get_user_field (“s2member_auto_eot_time”)’ and be able to show the user their remaining time until EOT?

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:07 pm #26865

I am talking about new members!

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #26866
cassel
Username: cassel

For new members, i would not know why it is not working as expected. Maybe Cristian, Eduan or Raam might chime in.

For previously registered members, it is likely because s2M does not KNOW the transaction belongs to an existing member. I guess it does not have a feature (yet), to compare and find the “matching” account. I think they are looking into that for the next release.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  cassel.
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 2:16 pm #26877
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Takis,

From the best of my knowledge, s2Member does not store any EOT info for recurring payments, only for one-time payments. It does store it when PayPal notifies s2Member that the subscription is about to end, but from what I know, it does not store it after that, and it stores it so soon to the EOT, that it really doesn’t help. This is what I know.

Regarding one-time payments, it does store the EOT. I’m not really clear on how this one works so I can’t offer much insight.

This is from what I know, what I’ve learned through the forums. There may be some things that are wrong, but only Raam or Cristián can confirm that.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:26 am #27036

So, we do not have a way to know programmatically when the subscription of our clients expire?

We cannot inform them about this, or send then appropriate reminders?

There are such articles: http://www.s2member.com/kb/adding-a-sortable-eot-user-column/ whati is the point?

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:27 am #27037
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:56 am #27057

Right, it’s not perfect, but it’s better than no notifications. The solution suggested in the article would work as soon as the EOT time is set, although it may be closer to the date than would be desired.

You see, for subscriptions, no EOT time is set while the subscription is still active. Only when the payment gateway notifies s2Member that the subscription ended, the EOT time is set based on how much paid time left the user has

If you wanted to create a hack that always knows the time when the current paid term ends to send a notification more in advance, then you could probably use the payment notification and have a custom script update the user’s EOT time, each time he pays. If there’s an EOT time in the profile, then s2Member will use that instead of anything that PayPal says, but this way you’ll know when the EOT happens much sooner and be able to notify much sooner too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications[/hilite]

Anyway, the new s2Member being developed will include these notifications, but there isn’t a release date yet. It may take more time for that version to be ready for release. I’m not sure how soon you need this feature, but if you’re in a hurry, you could try a hack as mentioned above.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 9:06 am #27068

This is sad. To have to go so far just to get the EOT! I mean this is a subscription plugin. The EOT should be considered fundamental. Please, do add this feature as soon as possible.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:27 am #27190

So far we’ve considered the subscription EOT to be the time when the subscription ends, and it does make sense.

In practical terms it’s been obvious that it is desirable to know the end of the paid access so far, though, which is what you’re asking for, and we’ll be making that available soon. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 1:16 pm #27224

Well, the subscription EOT is what I am asking. The time when the subscription ends! As you said, it makes sense. But it is not available for us to retrieve!

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 4:17 pm #27255

Because the subscription has not ended while it’s still running, so we don’t know the time. We don’t know if the user will keep paying for 10 more months or if he’ll stop tomorrow. That’s why the time is set when the user ends it (failed to pay, cancelled, etc.), then PayPal notifies s2Member and s2Member sets the time he’ll lose access (immediate if refund, whatever paid days left if cancelled, etc).

What we’ll change it to, is setting the EOT time at the end of the paid time, even if the subscription hasn’t ended, and update that time after each payment. Then there’s always an EOT time for the access and you’ll be able to do stuff with it (like notifications).

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.