latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error #1. User authentication failed.

Home Forums Community Forum Error #1. User authentication failed.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:14 pm #44539
Pat Caldeira
Username: patxcal

I’ve reviewed the other articles on Error #1. User authentication failed, and as a result, I changed to a new PayPal account. Had to go through the whole underwriting process etc. even though I already had an older version of the website payments pro with the recurring billing.

Now, here I am with my new PayPal account and the I’m getting the same Error #1. User authentication failed.

I’m not using sandbox mode.

I’d appreciate some help. I can supply you with the error log file if you let me know which one you want to see.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #44652
Pat Caldeira
Username: patxcal

The issue is resolved. I contacted PayPal Integration Support at 1-888-210-4901 and they told me that the information that I should put into my s2Member PayFlow Account Details comes from my PayPal Manager login information at https://manager.paypal.com/

Here is how it corresponds with s2Member PayFlow fields:

API Username = Merchant Login
Password = Password
API Partner = PayPal
API Vendor = Merchant Login

Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 6:34 am #44915

Glad you solved it. Thanks for the update. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 10:48 am #45233

Hey,

I have configured PayFlow credentials -> “Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayFlow”. But still why do I get this error?
I believe, Payflow® API Username is PayPal® API Username and Your Payflow® API Password is PayPal® API Password. Payflow® API Partner is PayPal. Did I do that right or something went wrong? Please help

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 4:25 pm #45392
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry to hear you’re having problems.

I would first ensure that the account that you’re using is actually a PayPal Pro account using the PayFlow API. Depending on your account type, you may need to fill out s2Member’s default PayPal Account Details, or the default PayPal Acount details in conjunction with Payflow Account details.

For info on this subject, see this Knowledge Base Article:

PayPal® Compatibility (Account Types)

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 am #45433

Hi Bruce,

I have checked that.. Logged in paypal manager, and it says I have PayFlow SDK/API Access -> Live. I have called paypal for confirming the same, and found that my paypal pro account supports payflow.
Now, I have configured S2member Payflow account details like this:

Password = Password
API Partner = PayPal

But still no fix for the above error.

What else I have missed out?

Posted: Sunday Mar 24th, 2013 at 6:52 pm #45608
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up. We are very sorry for the delay in response.

I have checked that.. Logged in paypal manager, and it says I have PayFlow SDK/API Access -> Live. I have called paypal for confirming the same, and found that my paypal pro account supports payflow.
Now, I have configured S2member Payflow account details like this:

Password = Password
API Partner = PayPal

Your Merchant Login + Password are not required in these fields. You’re looking for your API Username here.

You can find full information on getting this information here: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/merchant/wppro/WPProIntegrationSteps-outside

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.