latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error 10505 despite payment

Home Forums Community Forum Error 10505 despite payment

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 6:46 pm #24210
Rebecca
Username: rebeccaz

I need help, please, troubleshooting a failed subscription. A gentleman filled out the subscription form on our http://www.MadHedgeFundTrader.com site, included his debit card information to pay for the $1,997 subscription, and submitted it. He received a response citing Error #10505. (He did this several more times, with the same result.) However, he later learned his bank had been charged for each of those submission. But he still has not shown up in our members list. His initial experience occurred on August 24. We refunded his money. We repeated the process yesterday ourselves and had the same edxperience. He is not a member. Can you or anyone help me what is happening here?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Rebecca.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 7:49 pm #24218
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Rebecca,

Do you have logging enabled? Could you make sure under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging, if not, could you please enable it, save the options, and try again and show us the log?

If you already had it enabled, could you please post the log submission from that user here? Remember to X out any private information. ;)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 8:34 pm #24228
Rebecca

Logging has not been enabled. I have done it now and we will repeat the process. I’ll report those logs here. (As I understand, you would have be redact any personal identification in those logs – is that correct?)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 7:49 am #24296

Hi Rebecca.

Yes, please remove personal info (e.g. email address, last name) before posting the log entries here.

It looks like Paypal error # 10505 stems from issues regarding bank/card authorization or address verification (Paypal requires that you use the same address that is on record with the credit card being used).

About the charges happening despite the error, did you get the money on your side? Are you sure they weren’t just authorizations and not actual debits?

Is that the only person that got that error with you and the rest can pay just fine, or have you had other customers with the same problem?

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #24338
Rebecca

Initially we did receive the money, and as I said, subsequently refunded it.

Because this is a large transaction, we have done our recent tests with a representative of the would-be subscriber’s bank on the phone at the time so they can watch the process, and if we get the error report on our end (acting as the subscriber) immediately reverse the charge. That’s also why we are waiting for another couple of hours yet to make another test – we’ll be doing it in a couple of hours from now, after the bank representative in Chicago is available to sit in ot the test with us.

During earlier tests, the bank has confirmed that all the ID information, including the address, match their records, which is why they have been paying the charge.

This is the only recent failure. Others have used the form successfully.

I’ll be back to you aftedr we capture the log of our test in a few hours.

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:34 pm #24382
Rebecca

OK, is this what you want? We went through the process and got the same error report, which I believe is detailed here:

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120309 :: s2Member® Pro v120309
Memory 18.27 MB :: Real Memory 18.75 MB :: Peak Memory 18.51 MB :: Real Peak Memory 19.25 MB
http://www.madhedgefundtrader.com/order-dent/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; BOIE9;ENUS)
——– Input vars: ( Thu Sep 6, 2012 7:24:03 pm UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘DoDirectPayment’,
‘PAYMENTACTION’ => ‘Sale’,
‘EMAIL’ => ‘xxxxxx@netscape.net’,
‘FIRSTNAME’ => ‘Per’,
‘LASTNAME’ => ‘xxxxxx’,
‘IPADDRESS’ => ‘70.46.36.102’,
‘DESC’ => ‘Exclusive Offer – Meet The Mad Hedge Fund Trader’,
‘CUSTOM’ => ‘www.madhedgefundtrader.com’,
‘CURRENCYCODE’ => ‘USD’,
‘ITEMAMT’ => ‘1997.00’,
‘TAXAMT’ => ‘0.00’,
‘AMT’ => ‘1997.00’,
‘L_QTY0’ => ‘1’,
‘L_NAME0’ => ‘Exclusive Offer – Meet The Mad Hedge Fund Trader’,
‘L_NUMBER0’ => ‘2:dent:1 Y’,
‘L_AMT0’ => ‘1997.00’,
‘CREDITCARDTYPE’ => ‘Visa’,
‘ACCT’ => ‘************6713’,
‘EXPDATE’ => ‘042014’,
‘CVV2’ => ‘018’,
‘STREET’ => ‘c/o M Ixxxxx, Oxxxx Axxxxx 73D’,
‘CITY’ => ‘Upxxxx’,
‘STATE’ => ‘SE FC 00000’,
‘COUNTRYCODE’ => ‘SE’,
‘ZIP’ => ‘S-75322’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘mxxxxxxxxx_api1.yahoo.com’,
‘PWD’ => ‘Vxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’,
‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘AFcWxV21C7fAihY5aE93JanFvHZ8lJtU9cdCilbd0v3bYYYRCpSSRl31’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Thu Sep 6, 2012 7:24:07 pm UTC ) ——–
TIMESTAMP=2012%2d09%2d06T19%3a24%3a07Z&CORRELATIONID=101a11192077e&ACK=Failure&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=3587318&L_ERRORCODE0=10505&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Gateway%20Decline&L_LONGMESSAGE0=This%20transaction%20cannot%20be%20processed%2e&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error&L_ERRORPARAMID0=ProcessorResponse&L_ERRORPARAMVALUE0=PPAV&AMT=1997%2e00&CURRENCYCODE=USD&AVSCODE=N&CVV2MATCH=M
array (
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2012-09-06T19:24:07Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘101a11192077e’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Failure’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘3587318’,
‘L_ERRORCODE0’ => ‘10505’,
‘L_SHORTMESSAGE0’ => ‘Gateway Decline’,
‘L_LONGMESSAGE0’ => ‘This transaction cannot be processed.’,
‘L_SEVERITYCODE0’ => ‘Error’,
‘L_ERRORPARAMID0’ => ‘ProcessorResponse’,
‘L_ERRORPARAMVALUE0’ => ‘PPAV’,
‘AMT’ => ‘1997.00’,
‘CURRENCYCODE’ => ‘USD’,
‘AVSCODE’ => ‘N’,
‘CVV2MATCH’ => ‘M’,
‘__error’ => ‘Error #10505. Gateway Decline. This transaction cannot be processed.’,
)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Cristián Lávaque. Reason: Remove private information
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 5:45 am #24492

Thank you for the details, Rebecca.

This seems to be on their side completely, it’s not something that seems to be caused by a problem with s2Member. I think you should contact PayPal support to find out what’s going on that their system returns that error to s2Member, but still charges the card.

Please let us know when you hear back from them, hopefully with an helpful answer. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.