latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error 310 Too Many Redirects

Home Forums Community Forum Error 310 Too Many Redirects

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 3:10 pm #24557
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

When I installed S2 Member on a site I am building I got this error after I went to view my site:

This webpage has a redirect loop
The webpage at http://workathomebusinesshelp.com/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Now please understand that this site is in maintenance mode right now but I will tell you all the details you need:

• I’m running S2 Member Pro Version 120703
  • When I remove the pro folder and run regular S2 Member I still get the error
  • It is a brand new site on my own vps
  • Fresh Installation of WordPress 3.4.2
  • Using S2Member, not S2Member Pro
  • Site has only a few pages and no images, so not very heavy site
  • Using My Product Theme By Elegant Themes
  • NO OTHER PLUGINS WHAT-SO-EVER
  • I switched to TwentyEleven Theme and it still gave me the error
  • I deactivated S2 Member and the error went away
  • The error is for every page on the site
  • I am not getting the error anywhere in the wp-admin area, only the public side of the site
  • I only set 2 settings in my S2 Member Options so far: Security Key and Membership Options Page selection

Any thoughts? I have a few sites running S2 Member and haven’t run into this issue before. I’ve removed the plugin folder and then readded it but it still doesn’t work. Thanks in advance for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 4:58 pm #24566
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kevin,

I have only seen this error a couple of times, and it results when under WP Dashboard -> Settings -> General -> WordPress Address (URL) the URL is not the same than what your website’s URL is. So for example, one of the times I saw it was when the website URL in that field was “www.ExampleWebsite.com” and the actual URL of the website was “www.examplewebsite.com”.

So you might wanna check that out.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 12:55 am #24597
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

That was it….I’ve never seen that affect anything negatively before. I have a long url, which is why I was capitalizing the first letters in the words….wish I could’ve kept it that way since Android Devices and a few others display caps as you display them in that field. Damn. :(

Anyhow, thank you very much for helping me with my issue….I appreciate it.

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 8:18 am #24630

Ah, yes, it’s important to be consistent with the use of the www in the domain name. Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

Thanks for the update. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 8th, 2012 at 10:20 am #24641
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad I was able to help. :)

Be sure to check out the link Cristián put in his post. ;)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.