latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Error Checkboxes ( multi-option ) Field Type

Home Forums Community Forum Error Checkboxes ( multi-option ) Field Type

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 1:44 pm #25834
Kevin Vaughn
Username: kvaughn

I am adding custom fields to my registration form with s2Member Pro and have run into an issue with the Checkboxes ( multi-option ) form field type.

When I enter my options into the Option Configuration File field, one per line as instructed and then save, everything ends up on one line with an “n” separating the items that were previously on separate lines.

Example:

I enter this into the field…

Primary Immune Deficiency|Primary Immune Deficiency
Neuromuscular Disorders|Neuromuscular Disorders
Hemophilia|Hemophilia
Other Blood Disorders|Other Blood Disorders
Other Disease States|Other Disease States

Then save. And I get this…

Primary Immune Deficiency|Primary Immune DeficiencynNeuromuscular Disorders|Neuromuscular DisordersnHemophilia|HemophilianOther Blood Disorders|Other Blood DisordersnOther Disease States|Other Disease States

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 7:21 am #25909
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

That sounds like another plugin conflicting with s2Member, or perhaps even some badly coded JavaScript in the WordPress theme that you’re using.

I just tested creating a multi-checkbox using the Custom Registration Fields and copy/pasted your example above and then saved, and the lines remained as they were when I pasted them.

I suggest trying to disable other plugins until the problem is resolved and/or switching to the default WordPress theme (e.g., TwentyEleven) to see if that fixes the problem.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:04 am #25958
Kevin Vaughn

Raam, thanks for the quick response!

My site is live and very active. Before disabling functionality, do you think you can take a quick look at the list of active plugins on the site and let me know if any are more likely to be the culprit?

Current theme: TwentyTen

Plugins:
BackupBuddy
Bad Behavior
bbPress
bbPress Post Toolbar
bbP Signature
Executable PHP widget
File Gallery
GD bbPress Attachments
Global Hide/Remove Admin Bar Plugin
Login Logout
Members List
Mime Type Link Images
More Mime Type Filters
PHP Execution
PHP Text Widget
Recently Registered
Revision Control
s2Member® Framework
Search bbPress 2.0
Send From
TinyMCE Advanced
User Messages
User Role Editor
Widget Context
Widgets on Pages
WordPress Media Tags
WP-PageNavi
WP Show IDs

Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:10 pm #26001
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Nothing stands out as a plugin known to be incompatible, but I’d try starting with TinyMCE Advanced.

Posted: Friday Sep 21st, 2012 at 12:40 pm #26064
Kevin Vaughn

I figured out a workaround instead…

If you add a \ at the end of each line it formats correctly. I guess it completes the javascript new line character that is somehow getting misformatted by the conflict.

Example:

Primary Immune Deficiency|Primary Immune Deficiency\
Neuromuscular Disorders|Neuromuscular Disorders\
Hemophilia|Hemophilia\
Other Blood Disorders|Other Blood Disorders\
Other Disease States|Other Disease States

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 6:46 am #26276
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Interesting! Thank you for sharing your solution. I’m glad you got it working. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.