latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.

Home Forums Community Forum ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Kerry Carron 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 9:37 pm #25092

Dear s2Member Support,

Please can you assist me with the following error I am receiving the after purchasing a subscription on my new website, http://www.makeandcraft.com:

“This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.”

I am running s2Member Pro v.120703 on a Windows 2008 server.
I’ve changed my php.ini as recommened here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ideal-server-configuration-for-s2member/

; extension=php_curl.dll
extension=php_openssl.dll
allow_url_fopen = On

I also ran the server scan which produces the following error and warning, my temp files are going to c:\windows\temp

[ERROR] Temporary Files Directory
Unable to find a readable/writable temporary files directory. The system’s default temp directory is either non-existent, NOT yet configured, or is NOT readable/writable by PHP. Please review this article covering PHP’s sys_get_temp_dir() function, or configure your PHP installation with a secure upload_tmp_dir. See this article for further details. In some cases, you might need to consult with your web hosting company about this message.

[WARNING] Missing $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’]
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that your installation of PHP be configured with a $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’] environment variable. This is the IP address of the server, under which the current script is executing. It should be defined by your server dynamically. Please contact your hosting provider about this message. See also: this PHP article.

Below is the result of my paypal-rtm log file:

PHP v5.3.10 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120703 :: s2Member® Pro v120703
Memory 5.98 MB :: Real Memory 6.25 MB :: Peak Memory 6.12 MB :: Real Peak Memory 6.25 MB
http://www.makeandcraft.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOmUySGNKMzdncjNUNHh4TVdJRFd3cDAxbnFvUGxpNzIzOmVkNThmZmExYzhkZDgxNzJkMTc4NTFjYWUzZTU5NWFjfIPJLol5YcwIYWWZ_skaQQjUqOv-3Pv1Fdmar3xrPH3XXQr8lcvnQrAn9DmuN6AQ6kpbZhOzuAXGrGMtroShlthR0ORWZG4BDmvktgM2oWN7UlQH2hmRakC757eCwsCMeR-O-eGNdNVUwsM9afbe3fT3Ln8VPuytalnz1nda_wIodudQ_Opahtrq1_dYYfnX7wAGwbHjzVp9F1dQW125ioo6cOc0FEntGSzDsGw2wWgdnZu49b0CvfkYFvr8XfRNKn_n24CcB-eB-C9LU4bdVaEtnOwAPnjKpNsYBsnOK8bOMhvLtSH7qwEzTqCfuzjDMTG1LkkPkKZOtlWzH_vmGwwyZ3RBAHQyMKW30X-ZKUiV5c0HJ3TdkEb8BzRqk-ng9g&tx=15674345WM753121J&st=Completed&amt=1.99&cc=GBP&cm=www%2emakeandcraft%2ecom&item_number=&sig=EzmIOzFkBqvH5ERV9kpsOpkNCQr5ez8TTvprymMbrDN87E8dUtES1acB2DKBnHjX3pMi2Xv3Pfpefx2jJeIOcyEChP3YdQdcMw2YaK5%2b0DGDMaI6rF11h4HjP6RjmzOvKPVHXOWdLNIuJ11shXqXAzzVTobFgtTevVzBkCB%2b%2ffM%3d
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify $_POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the `WP_Http` class for remote connections; which will try to use `cURL` first, and then fall back on the `FOPEN` method when `cURL` is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your `cURL` extension; and instead, set `allow_url_fopen = yes` in your php.ini file. The `cURL` extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘Please see this thread: `http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ideal-server-configuration-for-s2member/` for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.’,
4 => ‘array (
\’s2member_paypal_return\’ => \’1\’,
\’s2member_paypal_return_tra\’ => \’fnIyOmUySGNKMzdncjNUNHh4TVdJRFd3cDAxbnFvUGxpNzIzOmVkNThmZmExYzhkZDgxNzJkMTc4NTFjYWUzZTU5NWFjfIPJLol5YcwIYWWZ_skaQQjUqOv-3Pv1Fdmar3xrPH3XXQr8lcvnQrAn9DmuN6AQ6kpbZhOzuAXGrGMtroShlthR0ORWZG4BDmvktgM2oWN7UlQH2hmRakC757eCwsCMeR-O-eGNdNVUwsM9afbe3fT3Ln8VPuytalnz1nda_wIodudQ_Opahtrq1_dYYfnX7wAGwbHjzVp9F1dQW125ioo6cOc0FEntGSzDsGw2wWgdnZu49b0CvfkYFvr8XfRNKn_n24CcB-eB-C9LU4bdVaEtnOwAPnjKpNsYBsnOK8bOMhvLtSH7qwEzTqCfuzjDMTG1LkkPkKZOtlWzH_vmGwwyZ3RBAHQyMKW30X-ZKUiV5c0HJ3TdkEb8BzRqk-ng9g\’,
\’tx\’ => \’15674345WM753121J\’,
\’st\’ => \’Completed\’,
\’amt\’ => \’1.99\’,
\’cc\’ => \’GBP\’,
\’cm\’ => \’www.makeandcraft.com\’,
\’item_number\’ => \’\’,
\’sig\’ => \’EzmIOzFkBqvH5ERV9kpsOpkNCQr5ez8TTvprymMbrDN87E8dUtES1acB2DKBnHjX3pMi2Xv3Pfpefx2jJeIOcyEChP3YdQdcMw2YaK5+0DGDMaI6rF11h4HjP6RjmzOvKPVHXOWdLNIuJ11shXqXAzzVTobFgtTevVzBkCB+/fM=\’,
)’,
5 => ‘Redirecting Customer to the Home Page, due to an error that occurred.’,
),
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘fnIyOmUySGNKMzdncjNUNHh4TVdJRFd3cDAxbnFvUGxpNzIzOmVkNThmZmExYzhkZDgxNzJkMTc4NTFjYWUzZTU5NWFjfIPJLol5YcwIYWWZ_skaQQjUqOv-3Pv1Fdmar3xrPH3XXQr8lcvnQrAn9DmuN6AQ6kpbZhOzuAXGrGMtroShlthR0ORWZG4BDmvktgM2oWN7UlQH2hmRakC757eCwsCMeR-O-eGNdNVUwsM9afbe3fT3Ln8VPuytalnz1nda_wIodudQ_Opahtrq1_dYYfnX7wAGwbHjzVp9F1dQW125ioo6cOc0FEntGSzDsGw2wWgdnZu49b0CvfkYFvr8XfRNKn_n24CcB-eB-C9LU4bdVaEtnOwAPnjKpNsYBsnOK8bOMhvLtSH7qwEzTqCfuzjDMTG1LkkPkKZOtlWzH_vmGwwyZ3RBAHQyMKW30X-ZKUiV5c0HJ3TdkEb8BzRqk-ng9g’,
)

Many thanks in advance,

Kind Regards
Rob

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 1:50 am #25123
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Robert,

You will need to consult with your web host to resolve the Temporary Files Directory error. Once that has been fixed, please try running another test.

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 7:46 pm #25448

Hello Raam

I have now resolved the Temporary Files Directory error, but I still receive the following error after a user pays via paypal.

“ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.
Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.

s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension; and instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.”

What can I check/try next?

Thanks in advance.
Rob

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:02 pm #25449

Below is an entry from my paypal-ipn.log after an error occurs.

“PHP v5.3.10 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120703 :: s2Member® Pro v120703
Memory 7.35 MB :: Real Memory 7.50 MB :: Peak Memory 7.38 MB :: Real Peak Memory 7.50 MB
http://www.makeandcraft.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1
User-Agent:
array (
‘txn_type’ => ‘subscr_signup’,
‘subscr_id’ => ‘I-W1H6XU0W15WY’,
‘last_name’ => ‘Amey’,
‘option_selection1’ => ‘www.makeandcraft.com’,
‘option_selection2’ => ‘92.234.104.222’,
‘residence_country’ => ‘GB’,
‘mc_currency’ => ‘GBP’,
‘item_name’ => ‘Digital – 3 month Special’,
‘business’ => ‘info@skillkick.com’,
‘recurring’ => ‘15.00’,
‘verify_sign’ => ‘AxIx1Koz7.sQHacUU2A9OXQJoh5tAykJ8RiXjrrhYbIax.08zhZMKrUt’,
‘payer_status’ => ‘verified’,
‘payer_email’ => ‘elution@hotmail.com’,
‘first_name’ => ‘Robert’,
‘receiver_email’ => ‘info@skillkick.com’,
‘option_name1’ => ‘Originating Domain’,
‘payer_id’ => ‘PHS4XLSLMXLNG’,
‘invoice’ => ‘5055161532a23~92.234.104.222’,
‘option_name2’ => ‘Customer IP Address’,
‘reattempt’ => ‘1’,
‘item_number’ => ‘2’,
‘payer_business_name’ => ‘Hobby Craft Supplies’,
‘subscr_date’ => ’16:58:54 Sep 15, 2012 PDT’,
‘custom’ => ‘www.makeandcraft.com’,
‘charset’ => ‘windows-1252’,
‘notify_version’ => ‘3.6’,
‘period1’ => ‘3 M’,
‘mc_amount1’ => ‘1.00’,
‘period3’ => ‘1 Y’,
‘mc_amount3’ => ‘15.00’,
‘ipn_track_id’ => ‘4ceab781c34f’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:59:14 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.’,
2 => ‘s2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]` ) validated.’,
3 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ).’,
4 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `web_accept|subscr_signup` ) w/o update vars.’,
5 => ‘Signup Confirmation Email sent to: “Robert Amey” .’,
6 => ‘Storing IPN signup vars into a Transient Queue. These will be processed on registration.’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘eotper’ => NULL,
‘ccaps’ => NULL,
‘level’ => ‘2’,
‘ip’ => ‘92.234.104.222’,
‘initial_term’ => ‘3 M’,
‘initial’ => ‘1.00’,
‘regular’ => ‘15.00’,
‘regular_term’ => ‘1 Y’,
)

Below is an entry from the paypal-rtn.log after an error occurs:

PHP v5.3.10 :: WordPress® v3.4.1 :: s2Member® v120703 :: s2Member® Pro v120703
Memory 5.94 MB :: Real Memory 6.25 MB :: Peak Memory 6.06 MB :: Real Peak Memory 6.25 MB
http://www.makeandcraft.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOmQ1ZnNWbmVsUXdQd1c2RkJRY2ZKVVhtZjVYTEhaSWFZOmRkMzU5NzIyY2JlNDUxNjdlOGZkNGFkZDJiMjk3NDQ2fByei8YJ8hvs8YD-JtPNhpqsswdXFinc0Es-Y-1ZH3DQ0T664S_jktIbNSpHiPyWnBLnQ_JuXrDBOpfwn8_bK5EQ0navrCuzXqANPfMXSZRPrQq8MWhvepT2mfXibYVsrpJWd09xrt3slzgcSMM4e5hVGXZatwzV1B_mltFgp7luz-oW1xo9Pi_rFWLCog8GOc96NN8eqnr7tObwXhBV8JWJ_cPDI-Z2lMXaI97mlu_SJr5bCz5egOv8kn8H_UXgsOZVPjDgMI8zC3CwnbsghMstGB6a-Ks4xY0SMJ7clMv5Abg3wcRxuQlLpNzqihUohbxQ-k3a9_4Hp2dJuicRvDiCRb53xHrdHihDhu8zU0Kh9Nvo-timb6FdK7HjS0xjUw&tx=0WY010953D429084E&st=Completed&amt=1.00&cc=GBP&cm=www%2emakeandcraft%2ecom&item_number=&sig=XzVBEUPaT5lDETkY9vYroXxseEaw1W0Ww%2bpSEMTVnGH1wvBQ4HiJbBinQWSovvzlolzuuHZ9VQXsrS3%2fJd2tYxLXf6mTfHak8ZayA2ntWsaQ%2bDB%2fyj8uxhVOzdZzI9NCYcXzdMVwbljjwkp2KIT2hAYUjqKCmkGJ4xnJqxOME0U%3d
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/21.0.1180.89 Safari/537.1
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify $_POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility.’,
1 => ‘If you\’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the `WP_Http` class for remote connections; which will try to use `cURL` first, and then fall back on the `FOPEN` method when `cURL` is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your `cURL` extension; and instead, set `allow_url_fopen = yes` in your php.ini file. The `cURL` extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘Please see this thread: `http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ideal-server-configuration-for-s2member/` for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.’,
4 => ‘array (
\’s2member_paypal_return_tra\’ => \’fnIyOmQ1ZnNWbmVsUXdQd1c2RkJRY2ZKVVhtZjVYTEhaSWFZOmRkMzU5NzIyY2JlNDUxNjdlOGZkNGFkZDJiMjk3NDQ2fByei8YJ8hvs8YD-JtPNhpqsswdXFinc0Es-Y-1ZH3DQ0T664S_jktIbNSpHiPyWnBLnQ_JuXrDBOpfwn8_bK5EQ0navrCuzXqANPfMXSZRPrQq8MWhvepT2mfXibYVsrpJWd09xrt3slzgcSMM4e5hVGXZatwzV1B_mltFgp7luz-oW1xo9Pi_rFWLCog8GOc96NN8eqnr7tObwXhBV8JWJ_cPDI-Z2lMXaI97mlu_SJr5bCz5egOv8kn8H_UXgsOZVPjDgMI8zC3CwnbsghMstGB6a-Ks4xY0SMJ7clMv5Abg3wcRxuQlLpNzqihUohbxQ-k3a9_4Hp2dJuicRvDiCRb53xHrdHihDhu8zU0Kh9Nvo-timb6FdK7HjS0xjUw\’,
\’tx\’ => \’0WY010953D429084E\’,
\’st\’ => \’Completed\’,
\’amt\’ => \’1.00\’,
\’cc\’ => \’GBP\’,
\’cm\’ => \’www.makeandcraft.com\’,
\’item_number\’ => \’\’,
\’sig\’ => \’XzVBEUPaT5lDETkY9vYroXxseEaw1W0Ww+pSEMTVnGH1wvBQ4HiJbBinQWSovvzlolzuuHZ9VQXsrS3/Jd2tYxLXf6mTfHak8ZayA2ntWsaQ+DB/yj8uxhVOzdZzI9NCYcXzdMVwbljjwkp2KIT2hAYUjqKCmkGJ4xnJqxOME0U=\’,
)’,
),
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘fnIyOmQ1ZnNWbmVsUXdQd1c2RkJRY2ZKVVhtZjVYTEhaSWFZOmRkMzU5NzIyY2JlNDUxNjdlOGZkNGFkZDJiMjk3NDQ2fByei8YJ8hvs8YD-JtPNhpqsswdXFinc0Es-Y-1ZH3DQ0T664S_jktIbNSpHiPyWnBLnQ_JuXrDBOpfwn8_bK5EQ0navrCuzXqANPfMXSZRPrQq8MWhvepT2mfXibYVsrpJWd09xrt3slzgcSMM4e5hVGXZatwzV1B_mltFgp7luz-oW1xo9Pi_rFWLCog8GOc96NN8eqnr7tObwXhBV8JWJ_cPDI-Z2lMXaI97mlu_SJr5bCz5egOv8kn8H_UXgsOZVPjDgMI8zC3CwnbsghMstGB6a-Ks4xY0SMJ7clMv5Abg3wcRxuQlLpNzqihUohbxQ-k3a9_4Hp2dJuicRvDiCRb53xHrdHihDhu8zU0Kh9Nvo-timb6FdK7HjS0xjUw’,
)

On another post with a similar issue you advised some to try the following test:

$w = stream_get_wrappers();
echo ‘openssl: ‘, extension_loaded (‘openssl’) ? ‘yes’:’no’, “\n”;
echo ‘http wrapper: ‘, in_array(‘http’, $w) ? ‘yes’:’no’, “\n”;
echo ‘https wrapper: ‘, in_array(‘https’, $w) ? ‘yes’:’no’, “\n”;
echo ‘wrappers: ‘, var_dump($w);

My result for this is: openssl: yes http wrapper: yes https wrapper: yes wrappers: array(12) { [0]=> string(3) “php” [1]=> string(4) “file” [2]=> string(4) “glob” [3]=> string(4) “data” [4]=> string(4) “http” [5]=> string(3) “ftp” [6]=> string(3) “zip” [7]=> string(13) “compress.zlib” [8]=> string(5) “https” [9]=> string(4) “ftps” [10]=> string(4) “phar” [11]=> string(6) “sqlsrv” }

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Robert Amey.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Robert Amey.
Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:49 pm #25452
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Robert,

That error is only caused by one thing in my experience, an incorrect custom value in your shortcode. Check under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› custom and make sure that the value is as it should be.

Could you please paste here the shortcode that you’re using, and the actual URL of your website? As an extra step, could you make sure the things pointed out in this article are OK?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 6:08 am #25464

Hello Eduan,

Thank you for your assistance today. The URL for my site is http://www.makeandcraft.com, it’s running on IIS 7.5.
My shortcode is: [s2Member-PayPal-Button level="2" ccaps="" desc="Digital - 3 month Special" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.makeandcraft.com" ta="1" tp="3" tt="M" ra="15" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

I have also tried and failed to modify the htaccess file to include RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.makeandcraft.com$ and RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.makeandcraft.com/$1 [R=301]

My htaccess file is currently

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+
RewriteRule .* – [E=no-gzip:1]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.makeandcraft.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.makeandcraft.com/$1 [R=301]

# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 7:33 am #25560

Hi Robert.

Could you upload this PHP file to your WP directory and load it in your browser? http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

Do you get any errors or warnings?

Posted: Monday Sep 17th, 2012 at 3:57 pm #25610

Thank you for your reply Cristian,

When running the PHP file I receive the following warning:

[WARNING] Missing $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’]
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that your installation of PHP be configured with a $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’] environment variable. This is the IP address of the server, under which the current script is executing. It should be defined by your server dynamically. Please contact your hosting provider about this message.

Do how and where I configure $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’] ?

Kind Regards

Rob

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:32 am #25658

You’d need to contact your web host to have them help you with that one.

After it’s fixed, could you do another test transaction to see if the problem you had continues?

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 4:43 pm #25728

Hello Cristian,

I don’t actually have a host, I’m hosting this myself at the moment.
Can you not at least point my in the right direction?
Which file do I need to edit?

Please help.

Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 11:04 pm #25738

I am having this same issue. Is it best to start my own thread? I have done all that this an the threads that I could find on this and cannot resolve. All tests come back passed and all things appear to be paid for and users are added and can authenticates and gain access. The issue is that every one of them have gotten this same error after making payment with Paypal.

Input suggestions are welcomed. If I need a new thread let me know. If you need want more information please let me know what you need and I will do my best to provide. This IS my first S2Member installation and set up. It is in conjunction with BuddyPress and a BBpress forum (if that matters).

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:43 am #25769
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Kerry,

Have you downloaded the Server Check Tool, uploaded the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then loaded the URL to the file in your browser to determine if anything is amiss on your server?

Robert,

Configuring your web server will depend on your server configuration, the web server and web server version you’re using, and the version of PHP you’re running. Assisting with such configuration is outside the scope of our support policy, but I recommend researching more about the $_SERVER[‘SERVER_ADDR’] variable and then perhaps posting a question a forum such as StackOverflow.com or SuperUser.com.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 10:14 am #25801

Yes I have . I got all green with that one.

I have also uploaded both of the other recommended files to upload to check and both of those also indicated a “good to go” type of message.

I read in one of your messages (not literally yours per-say, but in a thread) that the only time that this error is common had something to do with the shortcode attributes and a setting I had in a Paypal Button and dealing with the “custom” portion. I am currently not using that portion – I have only one level of membbership. Here is that shortcode should you need it:
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Level 1 - Bronze Member" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="wpsitesolutions.com" ta="1.00" tp="30" tt="D" ra="9.98" rp="3" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

BTW, TY for your attention and efforts on this.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 5:50 am #25891
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kerry,

The custom=”” attribute is required. I see in the shortcode you included above that you do have custom=”wpsitesolutions.com”. Is that present in the shortcode on your live site? Also, have you made sure that you’re not mixing your domain with www and without?

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #25983

Yes I am sure of that. I have the config set to specify. As well as the .htaccess

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:57 pm #26011
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Kerry,

The next step is to check your logs for any hints as to what else might be causing the problem. Have you enabled logging in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging? Please run another test and then copy/paste the relevant logs for that specific transaction from the log files in wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/ here for us to check. (Be sure to X-out any private information, such as email addresses.)

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:39 pm #26018

Yes I had them enabled already. I replaced any of what I thought could be considered as sensitive information with the word REMOVED… here is the log… Please let me know if this is the information that you need. I was not completely clear what to provide.

API-LOG

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.2 :: s2Member® v120703
Memory 59.80 MB :: Real Memory 60.50 MB :: Peak Memory 59.93 MB :: Real Peak Memory 60.50 MB
wpsitesolutions.com/membership-options/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=22&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L2dyb3VwLWZvcnVtLz9sb2dnZWRvdXQ9dHJ1ZQ%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-22&s2member_level_req=1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2
——– Input vars: ( Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06:27 am UTC ) ——–
array (
‘METHOD’ => ‘BMCreateButton’,
‘BUTTONCODE’ => ‘ENCRYPTED’,
‘BUTTONTYPE’ => ‘SUBSCRIBE’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR0’ => ‘business=REMOVED’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR1’ => ‘notify_url=http://wpsitesolutions.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR2’ => ‘cancel_return=http://wpsitesolutions.com/’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR3’ => ‘return=http://wpsitesolutions.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOmJBcEczd2pVbTIwVERtaEhxa29BUlh0QWtLTEoxazI4OmVkNjFkOWFkNjVmYmViZWQ3OTE1YTg2NDk2ZWM0YWQwfDTnxjJlemCi7wc1BU22woGCcARRd9PgSXbSWdp0WYImyVhBZUGQq3fEJ3UClzE2fP1jK4FmcB2d3KcqFCDUiIfoVrSEFUeqViIp3V3zstrI9Ezulfp1qtP8cynWjkYVwDriHR3BPvBGXpABExAJdurgD50e_16EobMkEBMhG1g6vUaVRdUYxlOMP2cft9XClQr3fdpTYNiQx3Tv2gVMZA38H97i4Ml2hf-4aS8c9iZx8mRKWCU02wQU8UvVmbW-cBrBqZMhT9rgPEBZIvv94A93sNResHZOQMTVVO_Fg1hmL0MXfcwL9meIu1-DMKuO6Twiu_pHNNaPhHStA5KGyrksKgZwi9gN3WMU5hG5m00YLH5dNljP2IPU_LF2PWEtgg’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR4’ => ‘rm=2’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR5’ => ‘no_shipping=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR6’ => ‘no_note=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR7’ => ‘custom=wpsitesolutions.com’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR8’ => ‘currency_code=USD’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR9’ => ‘page_style=paypal’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR10’ => ‘charset=utf-8’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR11’ => ‘item_name=Level 1 – Bronze Member’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR12’ => ‘item_number=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR13’ => ‘invoice=REMOVED’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR14’ => ‘on0=Originating Domain’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR15’ => ‘os0=wpsitesolutions.com’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR16’ => ‘on1=Customer IP Address’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR17’ => ‘os1=206.109.103.168’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR18’ => ‘modify=0’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR19’ => ‘src=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR20’ => ‘sra=1’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR21’ => ‘a1=1.00’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR22’ => ‘p1=30’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR23’ => ‘t1=D’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR24’ => ‘a3=9.98’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR25’ => ‘p3=3’,
‘L_BUTTONVAR26’ => ‘t3=M’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘USER’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘PWD’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘SIGNATURE’ => ‘REMOVED’,
)
——– Output string/vars: ( Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06:27 am UTC ) ——–
WEBSITECODE=%3cform%20action%3d%22https%3a%2f%2fwww%2epaypal%2ecom%2fcgi%2dbin%2fwebscr%22%20method%3d%22post%22%3e%0a%3cinput%20type%3d%22hidden%22%20name%3d%22cmd%22%20value%3d%22_s%2dxclick%22%3e%0a%3cinput%20type%3d%22hidden%22%20name%3d%22encrypted%22%20value%3d%22%2d%2d%2d%2d%2dBEGIN%20PKCS7%2d%2d%2d%2d%2dMIILCQYJKoZIhvcNAQcEoIIK%2bjCCCvYCAQExggEwMIIBLAIBADCBlDCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20CAQAwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYC1ppvQanFXZXPJXn8guKCn26y3aUAjhb%2bJW5fmxgpmo%2bOYbqa0lx3Bln2twKqPEqRH8pIANaGBY%2bmn8bkUGRG8HBMHgYRxvTTpF54l%2bSuoKhw8FEDDNQtatK1k0%2bmOeUa56nl4wNmZNH7XrsHsHbjwkf8CKaOhL7%2f%2fJmWX4KHr%2fDELMAkGBSsOAwIaBQAwggSFBgkqhkiG9w0BBwEwFAYIKoZIhvcNAwcECObicgTsv5dvgIIEYMZ6G7PU30ficU%2fK8bpX%2fn6x4mlxU3qSDEE8bBukchl5GTk1TGTVaI5cLmPJM%2bshAcfpm5e54%2bO%2fGzX%2bEEKUiqlSE%2b%2bKC0CV8UlX7fDgjweKzf1%2fKnnjE9GryU9%2bUFgH7ouEbQkHqdCw%2f4priQw%2bJ0Cd3pz9ZlAtIOyJGBx1LPAvi5HUhEtFK37f%2fDeP75Jt7JSW5t9FGe8ZqgZD37iA5CxW7GG8601V9emPog0ejB5RgNwkf1jvkyRxAWbwusVim%2fZmzuEacmyjF%2fA1nkJP8Rt5pOGLlMUYraXySKEHfLeQHKtbroDwqiknSFzSmR1LSJRN5mMd8zc9zUqIb106EImX3oOAZvyI2iCAzlvZsT7%2b9xZhDQQR0KB%2fcnhRiBIwTq7VWlWHn%2bn%2fS0gNafQ72zq2%2bX%2fTWqD%2bVK4qo4%2b1dnn45eRoiy%2bZMmp9HvNw5qlm2sVxM4DDIcVdXNg6pP0FTef10fcRl%2fdqqj87er5RX8vxaBRUrlGeB%2bhKYTNeFhTwvjQVI6alngvh2Uy8zebT5DL5zFVp7R1UqStUxM%2by1lrRr%2b6OcW2zxTQFJuX9brYnndyoBT15U%2bpK4Bw52CDlQ0Lq6RgWEKVoMIKNaChUn0ixjKsI0GdQqgK1TlH33suD3FG4ScQNTlDWScT%2bCmj35ZZYr9Wq4aFTV6d4fUE%2fG5UXaACx3C9mAlbozu7FRPlH0%2fSzMTf4WY%2fsmG%2fmiTQHOR%2bfDcWIBobOq1TnRDnbLlZ%2fBbRnZzAGNMCf30P1Mpqtq6XBFV2PvMGCzfG3S3abtXjkPDLhiWHn0ilUNlLwWzfkpEPp6XDVVHZJCaHvkvWGmBzfPycyEh2dNISWz8uvbCqKfIF92KZtWcpoF6yyAIYGm%2bsEnnmp%2bj7C5XJiNQOGpvncpF7Uiliix%2b2xE3KeuQQZ%2bCvZ3ScsTriNyibtga5ucoCkACJB%2f8LoO%2b088YtBv3KrSztUfmKXeXT06Mss2GjMwJm0FhT%2fJagUWl0wy4J%2f1uTejAin9OGxycVrmdXoRyvq4LYYSXURRVqUTAZxFQWH0MMsPIWqver59kTmMLD4zvt4wf%2b1pw%2b0fNRopNGh7JKcDU7Y6u37E42oai7FC2QnMB2ae8lVyTHjXAT1UD4xjwM%2bpl2IhAU8P1Xawq49GdtJ2bLU6kZp2DSsUrgkysUn9XdoYlh5nvaM1MYPXuRlVLqq0vLs5awXg9L%2fy4Gf6btqNhQT2bqMg4tEn3QFaAbj%2bdTPfhcgY8V9vwar%2bveX8uWGxG6ER1xnjclktQVPGtA52p6V8i6YlxXip5sXa3fyEW7oSy1J2ykxTs7ihjovs1X1CdvPK6g0CWwAKHGec5sn3I%2f%2fi0RBhlo61USDnNGwi6QHlgAlGs3q2SVzI8UG7o4hDX9HST%2b%2b6vxAJz1xgFvWbWH2hU%2bWEt1RlrnC2hCwvcIABD8HJ5Fp3jAgQlX7nQ%2f%2bEplXby1ghiKL4b0P9WVmA1daoSHcqeDFUqW76cWgggOHMIIDgzCCAuygAwIBAgIBADANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20wHhcNMDQwMjEzMTAxMzE1WhcNMzUwMjEzMTAxMzE1WjCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20wgZ8wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADgY0AMIGJAoGBAMFHTt38RMxLXJyO2SmS%2bNdl72T7oKJ4u4uw%2b6awntALWh03PewmIJuzbALScsTS4sZoS1fKciBGoh11gIfHzylvkdNe%2fhJl66%2fRGqrj5rFb08sAABNTzDTiqqNpJeBsYs%2fc2aiGozptX2RlnBktH%2bSUNpAajW724Nv2Wvhif6sFAgMBAAGjge4wgeswHQYDVR0OBBYEFJaffLvGbxe9WT9S1wob7BDWZJRrMIG7BgNVHSMEgbMwgbCAFJaffLvGbxe9WT9S1wob7BDWZJRroYGUpIGRMIGOMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzELMAkGA1UECBMCQ0ExFjAUBgNVBAcTDU1vdW50YWluIFZpZXcxFDASBgNVBAoTC1BheVBhbCBJbmMuMRMwEQYDVQQLFApsaXZlX2NlcnRzMREwDwYDVQQDFAhsaXZlX2FwaTEcMBoGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYNcmVAcGF5cGFsLmNvbYIBADAMBgNVHRMEBTADAQH%2fMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAA4GBAIFfOlaagFrl71%2bjq6OKidbWFSE%2bQ4FqROvdgIONth%2b8kSK%2f%2fY%2f4ihuE4Ymvzn5ceE3S%2fiBSQQMjyvb%2bs2TWbQYDwcp129OPIbD9epdr4tJOUNiSojw7BHwYRiPh58S1xGlFgHFXwrEBb3dgNbMUa%2bu4qectsMAXpVHnD9wIyfmHMYIBmjCCAZYCAQEwgZQwgY4xCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEwJDQTEWMBQGA1UEBxMNTW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzEUMBIGA1UEChMLUGF5UGFsIEluYy4xEzARBgNVBAsUCmxpdmVfY2VydHMxETAPBgNVBAMUCGxpdmVfYXBpMRwwGgYJKoZIhvcNAQkBFg1yZUBwYXlwYWwuY29tAgEAMAkGBSsOAwIaBQCgXTAYBgkqhkiG9w0BCQMxCwYJKoZIhvcNAQcBMBwGCSqGSIb3DQEJBTEPFw0xMjA5MjEwMzA2MjdaMCMGCSqGSIb3DQEJBDEWBBRjY5p0ZPkdz%2f55WWigc1rRpJZu0DANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAASBgFlHoi9tC4iH6NhGB%2bBN7A5qqaF0Q9i74iF8UmQmhF%2fLEMvjP6dXNjwfk74E7JtMSwUEWj%2folTz0X08pWuN0eick3ooOTITU2X07r%2f3Wy8CieTDpiyl9fyPof5E09HPbTOQeaB8ecPYK0lOZ3aTYbqgINxXsxlLHGdD3%2bd3gbHCd%2d%2d%2d%2d%2dEND%20PKCS7%2d%2d%2d%2d%2d%0a%22%3e%0a%3cinput%20type%3d%22image%22%20src%3d%22https%3a%2f%2fwww%2epaypalobjects%2ecom%2fen_US%2fi%2fbtn%2fbtn_subscribe_LG%2egif%22%20border%3d%220%22%20name%3d%22submit%22%20alt%3d%22PayPal%20%2d%20The%20safer%2c%20easier%20way%20to%20pay%20online%21%22%3e%0a%3cimg%20alt%3d%22%22%20border%3d%220%22%20src%3d%22https%3a%2f%2fwww%2epaypalobjects%2ecom%2fen_US%2fi%2fscr%2fpixel%2egif%22%20width%3d%221%22%20height%3d%221%22%3e%0a%3c%2fform%3e%0a&EMAILLINK=https%3a%2f%2fwww%2epaypal%2ecom%2fcgi%2dbin%2fwebscr%3fcmd%3d_xclick%2dsubscriptions%26business%3dpaypal%2540ultimatesolution%252ebiz%26item_name%3dLevel%25201%2520%252d%2520Bronze%2520Member%26item_number%3d1%26currency_code%3dUSD%26bn%3d%253dB69T4KM5J77X2%253aPP%252dSubscriptionsBF%26notify_url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwpsitesolutions%252ecom%252f%253fs2member_paypal_notify%253d1%26cancel_return%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwpsitesolutions%252ecom%252f%26return%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwpsitesolutions%252ecom%252f%253fs2member_paypal_return%253d1%2526amp%253bs2member_paypal_return_tra%253dfnIyOmJBcEczd2pVbTIwVERtaEhxa29BUlh0QWtLTEoxazI4OmVkNjFkOWFkNjVmYmViZWQ3OTE1YTg2NDk2ZWM0YWQwfDTnxjJlemCi7wc1BU22woGCcARRd9PgSXbSWdp0WYImyVhBZUGQq3fEJ3UClzE2fP1jK4FmcB2d3KcqFCDUiIfoVrSEFUeqViIp3V3zstrI9Ezulfp1qtP8cynWjkYVwDriHR3BPvBGXpABExAJdurgD50e_16EobMkEBMhG1g6vUaVRdUYxlOMP2cft9XClQr3fdpTYNiQx3Tv2gVMZA38H97i4Ml2hf%252d4aS8c9iZx8mRKWCU02wQU8UvVmbW%252dcBrBqZMhT9rgPEBZIvv94A93sNResHZOQMTVVO_Fg1hmL0MXfcwL9meIu1%252dDMKuO6Twiu_pHNNaPhHStA5KGyrksKgZwi9gN3WMU5hG5m00YLH5dNljP2IPU_LF2PWEtgg%26rm%3d2%26no_shipping%3d1%26no_note%3d1%26custom%3dwpsitesolutions%252ecom%26invoice%3d505bd9b36487e%257e206%252e109%252e103%252e168%26src%3d1%26sra%3d1%26a1%3d1%252e00%26p1%3d30%26t1%3dD%26a3%3d9%252e98%26p3%3d3%26t3%3dM%26page_style%3dpaypal%26charset%3dutf%252d8%26on0%3dOriginating%2520Domain%26os0%3dwpsitesolutions%252ecom%26on1%3dCustomer%2520IP%2520Address%26os1%3d206%252e109%252e103%252e168%26modify%3d0&TIMESTAMP=2012%2d09%2d21T03%3a06%3a27Z&CORRELATIONID=b1dcfacd8f1e7&ACK=Success&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=3719653
array (
‘WEBSITECODE’ => ‘

‘,
‘EMAILLINK’ => ‘https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick-subscriptions&business=paypal%40ultimatesolution%2ebiz&item_name=Level%201%20%2d%20Bronze%20Member&item_number=1&currency_code=USD&bn=%3dB69T4KM5J77X2%3aPP%2dSubscriptionsBF&notify_url=http%3a%2f%2fwpsitesolutions%2ecom%2f%3fs2member_paypal_notify%3d1&cancel_return=http%3a%2f%2fwpsitesolutions%2ecom%2f&return=http%3a%2f%2fwpsitesolutions%2ecom%2f%3fs2member_paypal_return%3d1%26amp%3bs2member_paypal_return_tra%3dfnIyOmJBcEczd2pVbTIwVERtaEhxa29BUlh0QWtLTEoxazI4OmVkNjFkOWFkNjVmYmViZWQ3OTE1YTg2NDk2ZWM0YWQwfDTnxjJlemCi7wc1BU22woGCcARRd9PgSXbSWdp0WYImyVhBZUGQq3fEJ3UClzE2fP1jK4FmcB2d3KcqFCDUiIfoVrSEFUeqViIp3V3zstrI9Ezulfp1qtP8cynWjkYVwDriHR3BPvBGXpABExAJdurgD50e_16EobMkEBMhG1g6vUaVRdUYxlOMP2cft9XClQr3fdpTYNiQx3Tv2gVMZA38H97i4Ml2hf%2d4aS8c9iZx8mRKWCU02wQU8UvVmbW%2dcBrBqZMhT9rgPEBZIvv94A93sNResHZOQMTVVO_Fg1hmL0MXfcwL9meIu1%2dDMKuO6Twiu_pHNNaPhHStA5KGyrksKgZwi9gN3WMU5hG5m00YLH5dNljP2IPU_LF2PWEtgg&rm=2&no_shipping=1&no_note=1&custom=wpsitesolutions%2ecom&invoice=505bd9b36487e%7e206%2e109%2e103%2e168&src=1&sra=1&a1=1%2e00&p1=30&t1=D&a3=9%2e98&p3=3&t3=M&page_style=paypal&charset=utf%2d8&on0=Originating%20Domain&os0=wpsitesolutions%2ecom&on1=Customer%20IP%20Address&os1=206%2e109%2e103%2e168&modify=0’,
‘TIMESTAMP’ => ‘2012-09-21T03:06:27Z’,
‘CORRELATIONID’ => ‘b1dcfacd8f1e7’,
‘ACK’ => ‘Success’,
‘VERSION’ => ‘71.0’,
‘BUILD’ => ‘3719653’,

RTN LOG

Memory 56.79 MB :: Real Memory 57.50 MB :: Peak Memory 56.97 MB :: Real Peak Memory 57.50 MB
wpsitesolutions.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=fnIyOndWSEJ0dmJHbURIMHVsWjhabWRlUklKcExtZFg3SlNjOmUwZjUyZTQ2ZWNjNjgxODZkM2M0NTkwOTBkNjY3ZTllfFFRO4ZHZnLJwuzQhPUwFHJJ3MjR_I19aHqDnbNlTlyvU9OD1u8Sndwe6GwXMGUCLdvMW5IlWCcCcKwAPbx1ehqOsObdzI-KXT8AF0-LYVxG7WNt7sTfkXdIz745nSWRb7ALWXdBmkDERXHyA4Xg2PXLcGpk7ZY_qrDTvkjKowtE62c4pB2aztR4mIPJwAUl4Hw_-hO82rEPN2JkErP-ZPLUA1RW44nidmSgVb31abRNmdYNBtFAx3u6qm2deBm_w49IdeCi5P7mSKT1Eae_dqiMoqBA-9mDl1KQWSnOu40iqU62f1wmcIH-qhnrgCBwly5I684K5Rb7HhxmMA54UGeoLgqxV4UDPmED7Ai5E8Wjh21TSx8aZ8N7-McqW4uz1A&tx=80Y404306B885854F&st=Completed&amt=1.00&cc=USD&cm=wpsitesolutions%2ecom&item_number=&sig=EkN2YwB2nv0Y9Y3FWoEc69MLLM3XSpubhS1lvWruKnBpcfF3kGtV9AKGO7xa%2fMlSEHAC4X4%2ffj9hauqSoODUxAH9lDJFhwhsPjaNAvvqMsAWk5CiKrACY0IzwkAbBbs8bLRtm7HSbqjF5nItiJWQeqNeWiWEif5TPo1brliCdUw%3d
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_8) AppleWebKit/534.57.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1.7 Safari/534.57.2
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
4 => ‘array (
\’s2member_paypal_return_tra\’ => \’fnIyOndWSEJ0dmJHbURIMHVsWjhabWRlUklKcExtZFg3SlNjOmUwZjUyZTQ2ZWNjNjgxODZkM2M0NTkwOTBkNjY3ZTllfFFRO4ZHZnLJwuzQhPUwFHJJ3MjR_I19aHqDnbNlTlyvU9OD1u8Sndwe6GwXMGUCLdvMW5IlWCcCcKwAPbx1ehqOsObdzI-KXT8AF0-LYVxG7WNt7sTfkXdIz745nSWRb7ALWXdBmkDERXHyA4Xg2PXLcGpk7ZY_qrDTvkjKowtE62c4pB2aztR4mIPJwAUl4Hw_-hO82rEPN2JkErP-ZPLUA1RW44nidmSgVb31abRNmdYNBtFAx3u6qm2deBm_w49IdeCi5P7mSKT1Eae_dqiMoqBA-9mDl1KQWSnOu40iqU62f1wmcIH-qhnrgCBwly5I684K5Rb7HhxmMA54UGeoLgqxV4UDPmED7Ai5E8Wjh21TSx8aZ8N7-McqW4uz1A\’,
\’tx\’ => \’80Y404306B885854F\’,
\’st\’ => \’Completed\’,
\’amt\’ => \’1.00\’,
\’cc\’ => \’USD\’,
\’cm\’ => \’wpsitesolutions.com\’,
\’item_number\’ => \’\’,
\’sig\’ => \’EkN2YwB2nv0Y9Y3FWoEc69MLLM3XSpubhS1lvWruKnBpcfF3kGtV9AKGO7xa/MlSEHAC4X4/fj9hauqSoODUxAH9lDJFhwhsPjaNAvvqMsAWk5CiKrACY0IzwkAbBbs8bLRtm7HSbqjF5nItiJWQeqNeWiWEif5TPo1brliCdUw=\’,
)’,
),
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘fnIyOndWSEJ0dmJHbURIMHVsWjhabWRlUklKcExtZFg3SlNjOmUwZjUyZTQ2ZWNjNjgxODZkM2M0NTkwOTBkNjY3ZTllfFFRO4ZHZnLJwuzQhPUwFHJJ3MjR_I19aHqDnbNlTlyvU9OD1u8Sndwe6GwXMGUCLdvMW5IlWCcCcKwAPbx1ehqOsObdzI-KXT8AF0-LYVxG7WNt7sTfkXdIz745nSWRb7ALWXdBmkDERXHyA4Xg2PXLcGpk7ZY_qrDTvkjKowtE62c4pB2aztR4mIPJwAUl4Hw_-hO82rEPN2JkErP-ZPLUA1RW44nidmSgVb31abRNmdYNBtFAx3u6qm2deBm_w49IdeCi5P7mSKT1Eae_dqiMoqBA-9mDl1KQWSnOu40iqU62f1wmcIH-qhnrgCBwly5I684K5Rb7HhxmMA54UGeoLgqxV4UDPmED7Ai5E8Wjh21TSx8aZ8N7-McqW4uz1A’,
)

IPN LOG

Memory 61.43 MB :: Real Memory 63.50 MB :: Peak Memory 62.19 MB :: Real Peak Memory 63.50 MB
wpsitesolutions.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=paypal&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=eb77075ce7ef2a8dee305f592ef68b7f
User-Agent: WordPress/3.4.2; http://wpsitesolutions.com
array (
‘txn_type’ => ‘subscr_payment’,
‘mc_gross’ => ‘1.00’,
‘invoice’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘first_name’ => ‘Janice’,
‘option_selection1’ => ‘wpsitesolutions.com’,
‘option_selection2’ => ‘206.109.103.168’,
‘subscr_id’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘custom’ => ‘wpsitesolutions.com’,
‘payer_email’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘option_name1’ => ‘Originating Domain’,
‘option_name2’ => ‘Customer IP Address’,
‘txn_id’ => ’80Y404306B885854F’,
‘last_name’ => ‘REMOVED’,
‘item_name’ => ‘Level 1 – Bronze Member’,
‘mc_currency’ => ‘USD’,
‘item_number’ => ‘1’,
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘proxy_verified’ => ‘paypal’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘IPN received on: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34:53 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key’,
2 => ‘s2Member originating domain ( `$_SERVER[“HTTP_HOST”]` ) validated.’,
3 => ‘s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_payment|recurring_payment` ).’,
4 => ‘Sleeping for 5 seconds. Waiting for a possible ( `subscr_signup|subscr_modify|recurring_payment_profile_created` ).’,
5 => ‘Awake. It\’s Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34:58 pm UTC. s2Member `txn_type` identified as ( `subscr_payment|recurring_payment` ).’,
6 => ‘Updated Payment Times for this Member.’,
),
‘ccaps’ => NULL,
‘level’ => ‘1’,
‘ip’ => ‘206.109.103.168’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy’ => ‘paypal’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_verification’ => ‘eb77075ce7ef2a8dee305f592ef68b7f’,

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 6:38 am #26274
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kerry,

All looks good there, except of course for the Unable to verify $_POST vars message. Could you please triple-check your IPN (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration) and PDT/Auto-Return Integration settings (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration) on both the s2Member side and the PayPal side?

There are really only three things that would cause that error: a configuration problem on the server, a configuration problem with your button/form (namely the custom=”” attribute, which looks fine as far as I can tell), or a configuration problem between s2Member and PayPal (i.e., IPN or PDT/Auto-Return integration settings).

Posted: Monday Sep 24th, 2012 at 11:15 am #26315

REF: All looks good there, except of course for the Unable to verify $_POST vars message. – LOL, isn’t that always the way it is?

OK, rechecked again and I did notice that my PayPal® PDT Identity Token changed. No idea why, but I did also have another member join and he did NOT get the error. It would appear that this did resolve whatever issue I had. We can consider this issue closed/resolved and if I have any additional issues I will open another thread.

Thank you again for your help!

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:16 am #26386
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Kerry,

An incorrect token in the PDT/Auto-Return configuration would definitely cause that error, so you should be good now. :)

Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:19 am #26387

Yes it would appear so and in my experience 99% of the time, I find it is operator error – I just hate that I am typically the operator! Thanks again for the attention and assistance.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.