latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars

Home Forums Community Forum ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  ryannagy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:49 pm #4243
MicroEd Web
Username: microed

Well this is frustrating, now my 3rd post trying to get help with this issue. But I will post it again.

Here is what I have tried to fix it. We are just using regular PayPal buttons.

– Enabled logging so I can see what is happening, it happens for every transaction.
– cUrl isn’t available so it falls back to fopen, which is available. (see below)
– I force www. on the domain with mod_rewrite
– I also use ‘php_value allow_url_fopen On’ in the .htaccess
– I have re-entered the PDT token from PayPal…
– Asked the server about the error, and they are hesitant to help because its a WP Plugin.

After speaking with the server they think it might be related to open_basedir restrictions, and that cUrl is available. Could this be the case or are we looking in the wrong areas?

Here is an example of the log.

PHP v5.2.17-pl0-gentoo :: WordPress® v3.3 :: s2Member® v111220
Memory 22.54 MB :: Real Memory 22.75 MB :: Peak Memory 22.69 MB :: Real Peak Memory 22.75 MB
http://www.domain.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=paypal&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=x-preview
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:12.0a1) Gecko/20120123 Firefox/12.0a1
array (
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘paypal’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Test preview of Return Page `proxy_use`: ( `x_preview` ).’,
1 => ‘Redirecting Customer to the Home Page. Test preview of Return Page `proxy_use`: ( `x_preview` ).’,
),
‘s2member_paypal_proxy’ => ‘paypal’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_use’ => ‘x-preview’,
)

PHP v5.2.17-pl0-gentoo :: WordPress® v3.3 :: s2Member® v111220
Memory 22.28 MB :: Real Memory 22.50 MB :: Peak Memory 22.41 MB :: Real Peak Memory 22.50 MB
http://www.domain.com/?s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_return_tra=ENCODED&tx=ENCODED&st=Completed&amt=3.00&cc=AUD&cm=www%2edomain%2ecom&item_number=&sig=ENCODED%3d
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; AskTbORJ/5.14.1.20007)
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify $_POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility.’,
1 => ‘If you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the `WP_Http` class for remote connections; which will try to use `cURL` first, and then fall back on the `FOPEN` method when `cURL` is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your `cURL` extension; and instead, set `allow_url_fopen = yes` in your php.ini file. The `cURL` extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘Please see this thread: `http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2636` for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.’,
4 => ‘array (
‘s2member_paypal_return’ => ‘1’,
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘ENCODED’,
‘tx’ => ‘ENCODED’,
‘st’ => ‘Completed’,
‘amt’ => ‘3.00’,
‘cc’ => ‘AUD’,
‘cm’ => ‘www.domain.com’,
‘item_number’ => ”,
‘sig’ => ‘ENCODED’,
)’,
5 => ‘Redirecting Customer to the Home Page, due to an error that occurred.’,
),
‘s2member_paypal_return_tra’ => ‘ENCODED’,
)

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  MicroEd Web.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 9:14 am #4451
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

This just started happening to me on a new Bluehost.com account though it has never happened before. I’m not even sure where to start.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.