latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Ex-members still have access after expired…

Home Forums Community Forum Ex-members still have access after expired…

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 11:37 pm #53748

All the past members to my site who’ve cancelled or expired, still have access almost a year after they cancelled their memberships. They’re still all level4 access. The s2member plugin hasn’t removed them. This is a bit of a problem. Suggestions?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 8:43 am #53770

Were those subscriptions created with s2Member or they existed from before?

In their profiles, do those users have a subscr ID? Is the payment gateway set to “paypal”? Do they have an EOT time set? Are there any admin notes?

Is your IPN configuration correct? This is what’d let s2Member receive notifications from PayPal about these cancellations. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration[/hilite]

Do you have logging enabled? Is there a log for paypal-ipn? What do the entries for these subscriptions say? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Is your EOT set to wp-cron? I’ve seen some plugin conflicts affect wp-cron, so you may want to test these. Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

For tests, have an account with an EOT in the past, reload some front pages, refresh, and after a while you would see the user demoted by s2Member’s EOT when the wp-cron finally fired.

Here are some articles related to wp-cron:
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/83270/when-does-next-cron-job-run-time-from-now
http://wp.tutsplus.com/articles/insights-into-wp-cron-an-introduction-to-scheduling-tasks-in-wordpress/
http://www.satollo.net/how-to-make-the-wordpress-cron-work

To use your own cron job in the server instead of wp-cron, see: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Enable = Yes, with my own cron job[/hilite]

If you’d like to run s2Member’s Auto-EOT System through a more traditional Cron Job; instead of through WP-Cron, you will need to configure a Cron Job through your server control panel; provided by your hosting company. Set the Cron Job to run once about every 10 minutes to an hour. You’ll want to configure an HTTP Cron Job that loads this URL: http://yoursite.com/?s2member_auto_eot_system_via_cron=1

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 10:21 am #53779

It’s a CCBill integration, and the members joined using s2member, yes. There’s no EOT information in their profile, but there is a CCBill subscription number.

“Logging is currently disabled by your configuration.” <- this is what's under my logging configuration.

Not a programmer, so don't know what a cron-job is. I configured the plugin over a year ago according to the setup instructions for CCBill.

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:34 am #53782

its a problem with DataLink Integration, check that the user that has access to it has the correct whitelisted ip address (the ip address of your server) in your ccbill settings, anyhow i’ve never found that it works and ideally s2member needs to upgrade its integration to use ccbills webhooks events

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 11:40 am #53783

So, I have to manually remove people once they’ve expired?

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 6:42 am #53806

Philly, I haven’t used ccBill myself, so you’re much more familiar with that integration than me. Could you explain a bit more what you found to have problems with there so I can relay it to Jason, please? Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 7:33 am #53810

Hey Cristián,

The problem I’ve found is when members cancel recurring subscriptions via ccbill, Ive not looked into the process a great deal, but either ccbill is not notifying s2 via the datalink intergration or s2 isn’t requesting the information.

I know you have to be approved for this at ccbill so that could be the issue (but not in my case), but my guess is that it never really works that well and is probably why ccbill now have a webhooks feature, which will automatically post cancellation information to a url that you choose.

Perhaps when Jason has time he could look into and support that feature as it will most likely be more reliable.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:25 am #53861

It’s a CCBill integration, and the members joined using s2member, yes. There’s no EOT information in their profile, but there is a CCBill subscription number.

Okay.

“Logging is currently disabled by your configuration.” <- this is what's under my logging configuration.

Please enable it here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

After enabling it, could you do a test transaction for a subscription, and then cancel it? Would like to know what our logs say. It can be a 1 cent transaction, if ccBill allows it.

Not a programmer, so don’t know what a cron-job is. I configured the plugin over a year ago according to the setup instructions for CCBill.

So it’s been working until recently or it’s always had this problem?

So, I have to manually remove people once they’ve expired?

For past ones, if ccBill already ended those subscriptions and nothing changed on s2Member’s side, yes. When working correctly, s2Member gets notified by ccBill that the subscription ended, and s2Member sets the EOT time in his profile.

For now keep logging enabled, not just for your tests, but to see what you get for customers.

Philly said:
I know you have to be approved for this at ccbill so that could be the issue (but not in my case)

Where you approved for this?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:26 am #53862

The problem I’ve found is when members cancel recurring subscriptions via ccbill, Ive not looked into the process a great deal, but either ccbill is not notifying s2 via the datalink intergration or s2 isn’t requesting the information.

I know you have to be approved for this at ccbill so that could be the issue (but not in my case), but my guess is that it never really works that well and is probably why ccbill now have a webhooks feature, which will automatically post cancellation information to a url that you choose.

Perhaps when Jason has time he could look into and support that feature as it will most likely be more reliable.

I’ll forward this to Jason. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.