latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Exclude individual pages from level access?

Home Forums Community Forum Exclude individual pages from level access?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #28151

OK, maybe I’m missing something but say I have two pages, page “A” and page “B”. Page “A” is a level 1 page and page “B” is a level 2 page. When a user purchases access to page “A” by default they will have access to page “B” due to the nature of the “or higher” functionality. But, I don’t want that. I want to “remove” the “or higher” function and only allow access to one level excluding the other levels/pages. Is this done by applying a “negative” value in Custom Capabilities to the page, ie, “pagea, -pageb”?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 3:56 pm #28160
Eduan
Username: Eduan

If you want this functionality, then you would not use levels at all, and would only use ccaps (short for custom capabilities). Custom capabilities can’t modify levels, an vice versa, so modifying ccaps won’t affect the user’s level.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:02 pm #28162

Right, problem is I need to add subscribers to 2 unique email list names and you can only associate separate email list names to levels.

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:18 am #28226

Hi Shawn.

I see, ccaps would not work with the email list integration.

Well, you can avoid the incremental access of levels if you edit them to remove the capabilities that give access to the lower ones.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/
Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:44 am #28234

Hmm, it seems strange that you can add individual pages with ccaps but can’t use ccaps to remove or exclude/block pages regardless of level. This is definitely an oversight IMHO and posses a serious challenge for anyone using multiple autoresponders.

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 10:56 pm #28291

Yes, it was, and we’re fixing it. :)

The way to use ccaps with MailChimp for now, is adding them as merge fields to segment your list with. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2member-mailchimp-and-ccaps/#post-17078

In AWeber with a rule in the email parser, the ccaps can also added to the user, but I’m not sure what segmentation is possible with that service. Knowledge Base » AWeber email parser for s2Member

I hope that helps!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.