latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Existing members not logged in – purchase

Home Forums Community Forum Existing members not logged in – purchase

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 1:58 pm #49750

I have been running into a problem when an existing user of my site decides to purchase membership to level 1 – the problem is explained well in this post – http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/existing-user-registration/

However, I do not want to put some text on the ‘sales page’ asking existing members to log in before buying.

Is there a way to offer existing members an option to sign in after purchase which then upgrades their account to level 1 instead of forcing them to re-register?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 3:46 pm #49851
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there a way to offer existing members an option to sign in after purchase which then upgrades their account to level 1 instead of forcing them to re-register?

No unfortunately this isn’t possible with payment buttons. If you’d like to use PayPal Pro Forms/Authorize.Net Pro Forms you can achieve this. Otherwise s2Member isn’t capable of this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 3:28 pm #50185

This is a huge shame…. Can you think of any possible work-around?

Maybe:-

1. I could turn off free registration – so that it will reduce this issue going forward? (i would still have some issues with the already pre-registered people though)

2. Could I put some sort of link in the ‘sign-up purchase confirmed’ email that would direct customers to receive the automated upgrade from 0 to 1?

3. Maybe if option 2 isn’t possible, perhaps the next best thing would be for the email out to ask them to reply with their current log in name and receipt ID, so that I could manually update their account?

I guess the Paypal pro forms is not something that will work when using click bank?

Thanks again for your time….

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:16 am #50318
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

2. Could I put some sort of link in the ‘sign-up purchase confirmed’ email that would direct customers to receive the automated upgrade from 0 to 1?

You could do this with s2Member’s Remote Operations API, perhaps. But it will take custom PHP code.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API

1. I could turn off free registration – so that it will reduce this issue going forward? (i would still have some issues with the already pre-registered people though)

A better solution would be to force registration before the User can sign up. You can use s2Member’s Shortcode Conditionals to check to see if a User is logged in:

Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.