latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Existing username and Pro Form

Home Forums Community Forum Existing username and Pro Form

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 7:31 pm #14201

Hello-
We have a site where the users submit a request form to join. Some get free memberships, and some have to pay. Once those that are required to pay are approved, we send them the payment form link but the payment form won’t accept the username – saying its already in use.

We are using gravity forms for the subscriber form because it is nicer and easier to use (and we have many custom fields) and we allow the user to pick the username.

Has anyone come across this before and is there a solution where we continue using gravity forms?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 8:43 pm #14218

bump?

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 11:47 pm #14251
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Scott,

Is your Gravity Forms integration creating WordPress accounts when the user fills them out and submits them? If so, that would explain why it’s saying the username has already been used.

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 11:52 am #14334

Thanks. I understand the issue, was wondering if there was a solution.

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 3:46 am #14416

Hi Scott.

I really am not familiar with Gravity forms, but I’ll try to suggets something once I understand better what you have there.

What’s the sequence? You have the user create an account with Gravity forms and then have him pay, or is the payment first? Is the payment with an s2Member shortcode for a button or pro-form?

Thanks.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 12:09 am #14524

Cristián,
The user fills out the gravity form – basically so we can approve them for an account. If they are approved, and we do not consider them a ‘subscriber – level 0’ – we want to send them to the pro form for their level of paid access without requiring them to login first.

Right now we have to assign them the free level, and direct them to the upgrade form within the site. We would like to NOT have them access the site at all until they have paid.

/Scott

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 7:13 am #14554

OK, so if I understand correctly, you’re using Gravity Forms so the user registers an account, which you can approve before it becomes active, and then you send them to the pro-form to pay without logging in, so they’re not in their account, so the account doesn’t get upgraded by the payment.

If you won’t let them login before they pay, why do you need them to register first? What you could do is have a contact form to request the approval and then you send them the link to the pro-form to register and pay. Would that work for you?

I hope that helps.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.