latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Explain to user why the've been redirected

Home Forums Community Forum Explain to user why the've been redirected

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 11:54 am #60687

This should be pretty simple to do I just can’t seem to find the documentation on how…

When a user tries to access a page that they don’t have access to, they automatically get redirected to the Membership Options page. The user may not realize why they’ve been redirected. So in this situation, I’d like some text to be added to the beginning of the Membership Options page that says:

“Oops! You tried to access a members-only page and that’s why you’ve been redirected here. Please read below about how to become a member…”

And obviously I don’t want to display that special “Oops!…” message if they navigated purposely to the Membership Options page.

Thanks for any help you can provide with this.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 28th, 2013 at 7:41 pm #60699
cassel
Username: cassel

You might want to add something on top saying “Is this not the page you were looking for? If so, it probably was because you tried to access a protected page.”

What I like to do is NOT protect the pages with the ccaps on that top right box, but instead, using a conditional so that IF the user has the correct ccap, they will see the content, but otherwise, I give them a little pitch about the content, so they can either register or purchase. Here is one example:
http://scrapbookcampus.com/master-classes/framed-with-psp/
If you have the correct ccap, you will see the video and be able to download it, and download the handout, but otherwise, you get the “sale pitch” for it. After all, if someone clicked the link to that particular content, they might just be interested enough to register/purchase.

Just an idea for a possible workaround.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.