latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Export User DB to Excel issue

Home Forums Community Forum Export User DB to Excel issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Sean Hodgson 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 9:34 am #19303

I use s2member pro for exporting my user list into MS Excell. The custom profile field titles all end up in thier own colum instead of going into row 1 of the spreadsheet. Those cells in row 1 remain blank. The regular profile fields display correctly. Is there a way to fix this issue?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 8:03 pm #19315
Stuart Giles
Username: Juggy69

Hi,

You may want to try this plugin
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cimy-user-manager/

I found the export and import function in S2 a bit hit and mis to be fair it was probably me so found the above plugin and works a treat for basic information not sure about the the extra S2Member profile questions

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 4:01 am #19447
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Sean,

Could you post an example CSV entry here so we can better understand what’s happening? You can open the export file with any plain text editor (such as Notepad) and copy/paste one of the rows.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 8:32 pm #19569

What I would like is to see the column names appear as a column name for the cusyum profile fields. Here ananumber, restriction_level, and state are placed in thier own column insted of listed as the title of the column.

1,shodgson,administrator,2282013,6/24/2012,"a:2:{s:5:\level\"";s:10:\""1341021862\"";s:6:\""level4\"";s:10:\""1341021862\"";}""",,,,,,amaexpiration,12/31/2012,amanumber,926381,restriction_level,UF,state,VA,

I’m setting up a program in MS Access to help track my clubs members and to be able to print id cards for current members. Right now I have to manually alter the table in Excell. I would like to not have to do that. thanks

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 6:38 am #19608

Hi Sean.

Here ananumber, restriction_level, and state are placed in thier own column insted of listed as the title of the column.

Right, that’s how s2Member exports the custom profile fields. It doesn’t export every custom profile field configured in s2Member, only the fields the user has a value for, so the number of fields for each row will vary and the way Jason did it was using pairs of field name and field value for those. If every user has all the fields, then they’ll be consistent in the CSV, but if the number of filled out fields varies from member to member, so will the custom profile field columns for their rows.

I hope that helps understand it.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We’ll be changing this in the new s2Member to a more standard format, with a column for each field, regardless or it being empty or not.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:52 pm #19665

Ok thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.