latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

extend user registration form / wp user meta

Home Forums Community Forum extend user registration form / wp user meta

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 7:51 pm #36141
Eric
Username: eric

hi,

i would need some help with the user registration form / additional profile fields.
i am using the pro forms for user registration and the member profile modification to let users update their profiles.

as the data fields are very limited and not all wordpress user meta information (like users web address, or the about information,..) are filled out through the registration process, how can i add the missing user meta to the wp user profile?

adding Custom Registration/Profile Fields in s2member is only to be used within s2member, right, or can i add fields and map it to the wp-user-profile?

tnx, eric

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 8:23 am #36257

Hi Eric.

adding Custom Registration/Profile Fields in s2member is only to be used within s2member, right, or can i add fields and map it to the wp-user-profile?

The s2Member custom profile fields would be shown in the WP profile as well, yes.

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 9:28 am #36268
Eric
Username: eric

hi,
you mean i will see s2member fields on the wp profile page, ok (like the s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields section), that´s fine.

but i´d like to fill the existing wp profile fields like “webpage” and “Biographical Info” through s2member (at registration or profile modification), can i do that? and how?

tnx, eric

Posted: Sunday Jan 6th, 2013 at 3:06 pm #36392
Max
Username: masterok

Exactly what i am looking for as well. could you please tell us how to do that please? to display custom user profile field during registration? thanks/

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 2:26 pm #36476
Max

hello? anyone from support here?

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:32 pm #36490
fresatura
Username: fresatura

Hello,
I was asking nearly the same question;
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/processing-collected-registration-info/
It seems this is not possible.

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 6:24 pm #36494
Max

Thanks for reply. Well now I am totally confused.
I just added a custom filed City. Set to display during registration.
went to myblog/wp-login.php?action=register and it appears there. so now what is impossible then? i guess if we need to collect the info which is similar to preexisting from WordPress, then i can just hide the wp field in the user profile and just leave s2 custom field?

is this right or am i missing something?

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #36538

That’s right, Max. When you use s2Member, the other profile meta fields that WP has (e.g. biography) are not used, just the s2Member custom profile fields. You can create the custom fields you want to replace the WP meta fields. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.