latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Fascinating Error – Notification Diff Site

Home Forums Community Forum Fascinating Error – Notification Diff Site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 10th, 2013 at 12:56 pm #55525
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

I am having a rather fascinating error. When registering for one of my sites, people sometimes get a S2Member notification email from a different site!

Essentially, I have a an online conference which is from 2012 and a new one that is a clone of it (ie. the 2013 conference). Sometimes people pay and get the S2Member notification from the OLD conference. It seems to only happen sometimes.

I do not know why. I have checked the settings on S2Member > General Options > Email and they are fine. The OLD message is nowhere in the new site as near as I can tell.

The only thing that I could think to do is update the Paypal IPN to the new site in case there is some type of weird error going on. I have had 3 or 4 “Paypal Reviewing Transaction” messages. Perhaps somehow related?

Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 11:54 pm #55611
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you’re using Pro Forms, PayPal won’t let you override the set IPN in your PayPal settings. So if you had your PayPal IPN set to your old site, and you had Users signing up through Pro Forms, that would cause this issue.

This is detailed in the More Information section of this part of your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 11:18 am #55679
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Well, I guess it was not an error after all. While following your advice above, I noticed that there is a “new user sign up” form under “general options” and also a “sign up confirmation email” under Paypal options. I needed to change the later.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 6:21 pm #55698
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Well, I guess it was not an error after all. While following your advice above, I noticed that there is a “new user sign up” form under “general options” and also a “sign up confirmation email” under Paypal options. I needed to change the later.

I see. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that you fixed your error. :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.