latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Feature requests

Home Forums Community Forum Feature requests

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 15th, 2013 at 11:18 am #50020
Joseph
Username: newlegacy

Hi,

s2Member is a fantastic tool and has really helped me. Thanks!

I have two feature requests:

1, EOT behaviour when a payment has failed needs to get a lot better. Users need to know that they are going to be demoted and why. They also need an easy way to get their payments back on track so that they are paying members again.

I need to be able to easily set up and modify automatic emails to users letting them know about EOT.

2, It should be possible to have more than one pro form on each page. I have a site with multiple levels and different buy now ccaps. I also like to offer users the ability to pay in different currencies. Because of all this I find it difficult to manage the many pages with different forms on. I would rather have simple tabs with the forms all on the same page.

These two things would make my life as a site admin much easier.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I am just looking for solutions, if there are any suggestions of how to handle these things please let me know.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 4:52 am #50110
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your thoughts.

2, It should be possible to have more than one pro form on each page. I have a site with multiple levels and different buy now ccaps. I also like to offer users the ability to pay in different currencies. Because of all this I find it difficult to manage the many pages with different forms on. I would rather have simple tabs with the forms all on the same page.

This is something we’re definitely looking to make possible in the next major version of s2Member.

1, EOT behaviour when a payment has failed needs to get a lot better. Users need to know that they are going to be demoted and why. They also need an easy way to get their payments back on track so that they are paying members again.

Failed payments are tricky with PayPal, there have been a few changes with them in the past, and it’s different with Pro Forms and Buttons. That being said we are working to make this a bit easier to work with in the future. As for EOT Notifications, we do not have any plans to make this easy to notify Users as of now. I did write up a quick guide on setting up EOT Notifications in the forums here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/setting-up-eot-notifications/

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 12:51 pm #50137
Joseph

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the reply.

I am delighted to hear that you will be working something out for more than one pro form.

Regarding EOT behaviour.

Please, please, reconsider. Think of this, if people are signing up for my site with a credit card that card will most likely expire within the next three years. I have 500 paying members on my site right now. It seems about 3 to 5 of them have a card expire each month. They are shocked when they suddenly find themselves blocked from the site without warning. I have tried to start contacting them manually when a payment fails but it seems unnecessary and medieval.

Thank you for the link to the hack but because this is so important to me I would really like to think this could be part of the core software and fully tested and supported. I feel this would be difficult to test and I would rather find another way.

I feel that if you are going to ignore this it is very short sighted. I cannot continue to use and recommend your product if you have no intention of bringing this into your software.

Thanks,

Joseph

Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:20 pm #50179
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

Well said Joseph.. Ive requested this feature as well..
The users should be able to get a demotion/deletion email as well as they get a welcome email, anything short of this is…. Well.. Idiotic…
Ive been using s2member for quite a while now, and the more I see the development of s2member to support this and that, and turn away from what it originally was “A plugin to handle creating of members by payment”…
The devs of this once great plugin should remember their roots and why they created s2member to begin with…

I speak gods honest truth when I say that it pains me to see s2member suck due to more and more half-hearted coding just to support more and more wordpress bullshit!! No offence meant, but this is the truth of the matter – atleast from my perspective…

I also see this in the support of the product.. Resolving an issue can take days now, whereas a year ago it was usually solved within minutes.. Support staff only read half the content of our issues – when we ask in East, they answer in West – so to speak.. Are they overworked with all the arising issues of multisupport in this, again once upon a time, greate plugin? I think they are!

Back to roots!!!

Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 10:34 am #50222
Joseph

Hi Ronnie,

I would not go as far as you have with your criticism of s2Member but this is my first brick wall with them so if this is something you have been struggling with for a while then I understand.

In my opinion you cannot offer software that offers recurring payments without also offering solutions to help deal with expiring cards et cetera.

Just by way of an update since my original post I have had five customers email wondering why their accounts have been downgraded. It is the number 1 problem my customers have with the site now.

s2Member has been a fantastic service. I have taken over $50,000 using this system in 7 months, it is fantastic but with it’s current set-up customer service will be too big a problem if there is no way to deal with expiring accounts.

Just in case someone is listening, here is what I think is needed:

– An automated email that goes out to customers when there is a failed payment with a link to update their billing info.

– A confirmation email that goes out when someone cancels their account followed by another email when the account is actually suspended/downgraded.

– An email which tells customers who have not cancelled who have been suspended because of a failed payment.

Please help me to give my customers a better experience.

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 pm #50525

Just in case someone is listening, here is what I think is needed:

– An automated email that goes out to customers when there is a failed payment with a link to update their billing info.

– A confirmation email that goes out when someone cancels their account followed by another email when the account is actually suspended/downgraded.

– An email which tells customers who have not cancelled who have been suspended because of a failed payment.

Thank you very much for the feedback, it’s very appreciated! We’re aware of the importance of having emails for these events to interact better with customers. These points you listed, and more, are all being considered for the next major version s2Member being developed. This will not be a regular maintainance update as the ones you see us release regularly, but a whole rewrite of the plugin that we’ve been developing for over a year. I don’t have a release date, but it’s coming along well and we’ll make an announcement when it’s ready. Are you subscribed to our updates list? You can find the opt-in box in right sidebar of the s2Member admin pages.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.