latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Few pre-sale q's

Home Forums Community Forum Few pre-sale q's

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 9:25 pm #20951

Hi,

I have to say, that asking potential customers to create a user account just to ask their product inquiries is really annoying! It’s certainly a turnoff.

Anyway, I’m considering buying your software, but want to confirm a few things before I do:

1. I wish to create a membership website which offers free membership – I never do intend on charging my visitors – can this be done in such a way that the user does not have to select a membership level and that they are automatically simply given a free account?

2. Just to confirm, when a new member creates an account, they can automatically be added to my mailing list via Aweber?

3. The website will be in French and as such the platform needs to be in French too for visitors. If I go ahead with this change, will the admin panel be in French as well? I’d prefer to keep it in English, but if this is not possible, that is ok.

4. If I buy a single site license and wish to upgrade to a multi site license later, I will only pay the difference between the two, correct?

5. To clarify all of the above, my website will be in French and there will be a page with a simple signup form. Upon completion of the form and e-mail confirmation of their account, the user should then be added to my email list through Aweber and will also be able to log into their account, where everything will be displayed in French. Is this possible without any overly complicated customizations?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 9:40 pm #20952
cassel
Username: cassel

From my own personal experience here are some answers:

1. I wish to create a membership website which offers free membership – I never do intend on charging my visitors – can this be done in such a way that the user does not have to select a membership level and that they are automatically simply given a free account?

Yes, you can go to General Options > Open Registration

2. Just to confirm, when a new member creates an account, they can automatically be added to my mailing list via Aweber?

Yes, s2Member integrates easily with aWeber

3. The website will be in French and as such the platform needs to be in French too for visitors. If I go ahead with this change, will the admin panel be in French as well? I’d prefer to keep it in English, but if this is not possible, that is ok.

That i dont know. Someone should come and answer that for you.

4. If I buy a single site license and wish to upgrade to a multi site license later, I will only pay the difference between the two, correct?

Yes, you just pay the difference.

Hope it helps.

Posted: Thursday Aug 2nd, 2012 at 8:28 am #21004

Hey there.

To add to what Cassel kindly answered:

The AWeber integration can be found under: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers[/hilite]

You may find this video helpful: Video » s2Member (API List Servers)

Regarding the language, s2Member doesn’t add multilingual features to WordPress, there are other plugins for that. I know that some users managed to make s2Member work with multilingual sites, but they needed to do some customization to achieve it.

WordPress wasn’t built with multiple languages in mind (more than one language in the same WP installation), and depending on a plugin that adds some sort of way to achieve it is risky, as I discovered when the plugin I had picked was not developed any more and stopped working after a WP udpate, forcing me to find a new solution and rebuild the site.

What I prefer for a site in multiple languages is to install separate WordPress blogs under directories/subdomains for each language (e.g. en., fr., /en/, /fr/) and deal with them separately.

If you just want it in French, then that’s fine, and a single installation would be fine. You need to use the French version of WordPress and translate s2Member to French. http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/community/translations/

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.