latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

File Access and Crossdomain errors

Home Forums Community Forum File Access and Crossdomain errors

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 3:32 am #6654
Allen W
Username: allenw

I’m getting the classic error, trying to stream to JW player from cloudfront:

JW Player® appears here.
Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

Finally realized I did not have JW player installed in my ROOT had it in my separate directory where I have wordpress, so moved JW to the root. Still the same error, decided to check the crossdomain file s2member auto installed in my s3 bucket

I get an error when I try to read it:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

But the document is blank!

Should I reconfigure my cloudfront distributions through the s2 Member interface, perhaps?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:34 pm #6706
Staff Member

Hi Allen. Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Yes, that’s very interesting. We’ll take a closer look to see why this might have happened on your installation. I just ran a quick test and was unable to reproduce this, but we’ll dig deeper.

In the mean time, if it’s just the crossdomain.xml causing an issue,
you can upload that file yourself, it should contain the following please.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<cross-domain-policy>
  <allow-access-from domain="*" />
</cross-domain-policy>

To answer your question.
Yes, if problems persist, I’d try running s2Member’s auto configuration routines all over again.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 5:20 am #6751
Allen W
Username: allenw

I uploaded that crossdomain.xml file (didn’t help) then ran the auto configure and after a couple of errors it took, but then I found the crossdomain.xml file was overwritten and corrupted again so I manually deleted and reuploaded my own again.

Still no streaming – but, I later discovered after much reading that I needed to set basic download restrictions!

I hadn’t bothered as I didn’t know if I was even going to use any download links and I didn’t associate streaming with downloading.

Now it works, since I set some restrictions, but I’m still curious about what was happening with the crossdomain.xml file. Such a simple little file.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 6:16 am #6756

I have had very similar problems here… but finally solved so I will post my story to help others:
Playlist could not be loaded due to crossdomain policy restrictions
– Cloudfront installation corrupted crossdomain.xlm.
– Reinstalled manually as per above
– The file was downloadable
– had crossdomain errors with video players

Finally the issue was the player (OptimizePress), as per Cristián´s post. I got rid of the issue by simply using the advanced mod_rewrite as in /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/myvideo.mp4 instead of the original link with query string /?s2_member_file_download=myvideo.mp4

Additionally, I dug a different solution that worked too: /?s2member_file_download/myvideo.mp4&type=video

Go wonder why Jw player talks about crossdomains…

Thanks Cristián, and as always, thank you Jason, for your support and for the fabulous plugin!

PS. By the way, does setting the crossdomain file to your domain bring an addional layer of security?

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 11:36 pm #6946
Staff Member

Thanks for sharing that. Much appreciated.
I recommend this article for further details on the crossdomain.xml file please.
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 5:47 pm #7110

You’re welcome, Santi! And thank you very much for sharing your solution. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.