latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

A strange problem about file download

Home Forums Community Forum A strange problem about file download

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  xigaogen 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:09 pm #21886
xigaogen
Username: xigaogen

Hi, Jason.

I recently successful moved my website to a dedicated windows server from a shared hosting Linux server. The process of moving very smoothly just have one problem with the files downlaod:

If I download a file from protected dir /s2member-files/app_data/, It will be interrupted after 15 minutes (i.e. after download begin it will be interrupted when reach 15 minute), even though the file downloading is still NOT finish! I have already tested it too many too many times, Every time when it was downloaded to the 15 minute, it will be interrupted.

I tested download a file from other dir ( not the protected dir), and found that it can be downloaded No matter how long time it took! A test of the longest, I limit the download speed, the entire download process as long as three hours, but in the end the file was successful downloaded completely.

Now, about 80% of my members can not download videos from my website at present! Unless the file can be download is complete within 15 minutes.

I have already send a mail to you that include my server login info. Hope you can take a look at it soon.

Does anyone else meet the same problem here?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  xigaogen.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:51 am #21974
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

I will send Jason a message about this thread. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:06 am #21977
xigaogen

Thank you Raam.

In order to exclude the interference of other factors, I run a new test with this problem:

I creat a new web, a new database, a new wordpress install, a new s2member and pro, and nothing else. So it is a very clean installation environment.

In the end I download a file from protected dir and the problem still there.

And next step I will install some old version of s2member to see if the problem still there.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 3:11 pm #22020
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

This ticket was resolved via email. Please let us know if you have any further trouble.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:03 am #22048
xigaogen

Thank you Jason!
I still can not solved problem and already reply mail to you.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:53 am #22085
xigaogen

Hi, Jason.

I already solved the problem and feel so happy. I will say thanks to you, because you told me this occurs with php srcipt based file download, So I along the direction you give me to studied, and finally I adjust the setings of FastCGI in IIS Features View, then the problem gone away now!

Thank you very much!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 8:55 am #22088
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Great, thank you for the update! :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 11:37 am #22109
xigaogen

Yes, it is Great! Thank you too Raam.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.