latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Filing a complaint

Home Forums Community Forum Filing a complaint

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  David Lim 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:39 pm #26984
David Lim
Username: GCSgo2012

I’d like to initiate a complaint process. Please guide me to talk to your legal counsel unless you immediately provide me with a full refund within two days. Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 11:20 pm #27384
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

We have a no refund policy on all digital non-tangible items, which you agreed to prior to your purchase of s2Member Pro. We will consider refunds of course (within the first 30 days of purchase), but only if the product fails to perform as advertised. Please let us know what trouble you’re having, and we’ll be happy to assist in any way that we can.

See also: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy
See also: s2Member® » Support Policy

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #27913
David Lim

Jason,

I applied for a refund shortly after our purchase. Our IT guru tried so hard to get it to work and failed to implement your advertised functions. Our IT guru billed me for 100 hours to find it out the product doesn’t work as intended and advertised. It has been months trying to get a refund. Thank you very much for resolving the matter asap.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #27919
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello David, just trying to help here, what were the functions your IT tried to configure? Did he make posts asking what to do? What was he trying to accomplish?

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #27926
David Lim

Eduan,

I have explained the situation repeatedly and you are asking the same questions that I have previously addressed. Let’s me explain again that our IT guy wanted to purchase your products to manage members and the way your product worked made our site look very awkward and unprofessional. Yes, an inquiry was made to you and we were advised from you that that is the way it is. We don’t use any product, which will make our site awkward and unprofessional. In fact, we don’t pay for such product as it failed to meet our expectation. Your product doesn’t function as advertised. If you have a warning such as “WARNING: Our product will make your site awkard and unprofessional.” Then I wouldn’t have bought it. Please don’t ask me to provide the link for the inquiry made as I did before.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 4:02 pm #27927
Paul Carter
Username: paulcj2

Greetings s2Member support,

I purchased s2Member Pro on 10/05/2012, and have spent the last four days trying to figure out how to integrate it with MailChimp as you advertise it will do. After reading through all the support docs on the topic, and hearing all the complaints about PHP programmers having to spend hours trying to figure out how to do this, I sadly must conclude that s2Member is not the product for me. I also realize that you have a no refund policy with certain exceptions. I am hereby requesting that you allow a refund. You will notice I am well within the 30 day limit, as I have only had the product less than 4 days.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Paul

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:40 am #27961
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Paul,

Please see our s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy.

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 10:40 am #28435
David Lim

Raam,

Please provide a refund to me and Paul immediately.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:59 pm #28592
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

@ David Lim

I think we’ve it clear that we have a no refund policy on digital goods.

You wrote…

the way your product worked made our site look very awkward and unprofessional

That’s not nearly specific enough. s2Member integrates with the WordPress theme you’ve selected; inheriting styles and appearances provided by your theme, and/or by any other plugins that you’ve installed together with s2Member. Based on your statement, I’m not sure if the issues you’ve had were related to the WP theme you selected, or if they were with s2Member’s functionality?

If so, what is the specific issue you’re having with s2Member?

I did a quick review of your history here in our support forums. I find that you’ve posted several topics, and all except ONE (which was answered/resolved – and found NOT to be related to s2Member), were all about your request for a refund. That is, almost all of the topics you’ve written, were siimply requests for a refund.

In addition, in all of the topics where you’ve requested a refund, we’ve repeatedly asked you to clarify the issue that you’ve having, and you’ve refused to do so. You’ve continued to talk about the difficulty that your developer had, but nothing specific about the s2Member software itself. Having issues with a developer that you hired, is not grounds for a refund by the software vendor. We have no control over how the software is used and/or integrated into your site, or by whom the integration is completed.

If there is a specific issue that you need help with, or that you can explain for us, we’ll be happy to listen. If the issue is indeed a failure on the part of s2Member (i.e. something advertised to work in s2Member, but is in fact NOT working), we’ll be happy to process a refund for you – but only IF we are unable to help you resolve the issue in a reasonable amount of time via these support forums, and only IF you are still within your 30 day purchase period. This policy is reflected officially in our refund policy statement.

In your ticket regarding a HUGE spacing issue, which was answered here; you were directed to an existing article written about the matter, which was investigated by myself, and found to be a theme-related issue, which can and has been easily resolved by other customers. To say again, the HUGE spacing issue that you reported, is theme-related, and it is NOT an s2Member bug or inadequacy. If you have a developer working with you, please direct your them to this article, and they should be more than capable of resolving the matter on your behalf.

Please see this thread where the matter was discussed by others:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/specific-post-page-button-adds-whitespace/

Please note. If you reply to this thread with yet another request for a refund, without providing any additional detail and/or supporting evidence for your claim, your reply will simply be ignored. We’ve spent enough time answering your requests for a refund already. Unless you have further details to add, or you sincerely need assistance with specific features made possible by s2Member, we will no have choice but to ignore future topics created under your account.
Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:13 pm #28594
David Lim

You do not tell me you made it clear when your product simply failed to function as advertised. My demonstration of your ad as “false advertisement” is such a compelling evidence for you to consider. Your products simply failed to function. In fact, you are selling a product as if it is intended to function under certain conditions when it isn’t. Yet, you claim it is final. False ad is a serious offense. Thus, you are absolutely liable for your product’s failure, not meeting product specifications.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.