latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Finding A Member's First Login Date

Home Forums Community Forum Finding A Member's First Login Date

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #13535
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

Is there a way (either through S2 member, WP or PHPMYADMIN to determine the first time a member actually LOGGED IN after they joined?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 5:29 pm #13551
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kevin,
s2Member has One-Time-Offers (Upon Login), so you can set it so that the first time they login you can give them something special. You can find it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login).

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 12:38 am #13611
VegasKev

Eduan,

Thank you for your answer. I’m assuming that if I enact the OTO, it will add a “OTO” column in the List of Users within the “Users” section of WP-Admin? Am I correct in my assumption?

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 1:06 am #13617

No, the Login OTO will just redirect the person to the page you specify on his nth login. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)[/hilite]

I just read your posts and I think you want to be able to tell when the person’s first login was, is that right? I don’t think s2Membe tracks that… It counts the number of logins, but it doesn’t have a time for each one. I’ll ask Jason about this to confirm it.

What you could probably do is use the Login OTO feature to load the Login Welcome page with an extra variable in the URL (e.g. [hilite mono]?first[/hilite]) and have some PHP in that page to log that time somewhere, like the [hilite mono]usermeta[/hilite] table.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 12:11 pm #13668
VegasKev

Yes Christian, I am wanting the ability to determine when a person logged in first. The reason for this is chargeback disputes. I have a member that is claiming that they weren’t able to get logged in for nearly a month after they paid. I know it’s B.S. and so does the customer, but I can’t prove it. If I was able to take a screenshot of the dashboard for the merchant account, I could easily win the chargeback. I don’t mind refunding someone (and I will be refunding him after I win the chargeback), but chargebacks are extremely dangerous for online membership sites and I want to have ammo to beat the chargeback and then refund the customer on my own accord so that I don’t get flagged by my merchant account.

Posted: Wednesday May 16th, 2012 at 5:17 pm #13691

Right, I can perfectly understand that.

I’m afraid we haven’t been tracking login times yet but, like I mentioned, this may change soon. I know you need it already, though.

s2Member does keep a logins count in usermeta: [hilite mono]s2member_login_counter[/hilite]. But that doesn’t have times. It also logs the registration IP, not sure if it helps though: [hilite mono]s2member_registration_ip[/hilite].

Do you usue Google Analytics? If so, maybe you have the access times for that IP? Not familiar with GA, so I’m not sure you can even do that, just thinking out loud.

Anyway, to dispute the chargeback, doesn’t it help to state the logic that you’re not really at fault if the person really wasn’t able to login in a whole month and didn’t contact you about it, and that you couldn’t have guessed if the rest of the members didn’t have such a problem? He’d have to produce emails sent to you where he complained and you didn’t assist him.

Anyway, searched for a Login Log plugin and found this one you can try to be prepared in the future: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-login-log/

I hope that helps.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 5:33 am #13745
VegasKev

Cristián,

Thanks for the tip on that plugin, I have tested it and it works great. I think it would be a great feature to have built in to S2 Member instead, as S2 Member shows the added stats directly within the Users table of WP-Admin right next to each user, whereas this one is in its own section. But then again, maybe in time I will like this other plugin for that feature better….who knows. If you guys aren’t familiar with it, you may want to check it out, as it provides some nice stuff that would integrate nicely within S2Member.

Thanks again.

Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 5:56 am #13750

Yes, we’re working on this and plan to include those features in s2Member. I didn’t know that plugin existed, but it’s cool that you have it now to log right away. Glad you liked it and I hope it helps you. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.