latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Force login register- Specific Post/page acce

Home Forums Community Forum Force login register- Specific Post/page acce

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 10:27 am #19989

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 11:21 am #19995

I have an update on this question – I restricted the Free Videos using “Page Restrictions”. So for 12 free videos, I restricted 12 pages because each free video is on its own page. But now, if itry to access one page, I have to login, and then if try to access another page, its asking to login again. This seems like its a cookie issue, but my browser is et for cookies. My cookies are working correctly on all other sites. How do we fix this ? It seems silly that a user has to login 12 times to see 12 free videos.

The second question still remains – how do we ensure login / register before a Buy transaction. Just to clarify – the Buy operation is being done a Specific Post/Page access product. This by default allows purchases without registration. But we want to force a login or registration.

Thanks a lot

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:33 am #20042

Hi Hari.

I have an update on this question – I restricted the Free Videos using “Page Restrictions”. So for 12 free videos, I restricted 12 pages because each free video is on its own page. But now, if itry to access one page, I have to login, and then if try to access another page, its asking to login again. This seems like its a cookie issue, but my browser is et for cookies. My cookies are working correctly on all other sites. How do we fix this ? It seems silly that a user has to login 12 times to see 12 free videos.

Let me know if this article helps with that: Knowledge Base » Logged in but am considered logged out

The second question still remains – how do we ensure login / register before a Buy transaction. Just to clarify – the Buy operation is being done a Specific Post/Page access product. This by default allows purchases without registration. But we want to force a login or registration.

The Specific Post/Page restriction is not compatible with the Levels restriction. What do you want to force login for, viewing the pages protected with Spec Page restriction? Or to purchase access to those pages?

If you’re going to require registration, then you can sell those individual pages with custom capabilities instead of Spec Page restrictions. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

To create a free registration form in a page, you can use the free registration pro-form: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite].

To add a login form, as an option for those already registered, you could use the s2Member Pro Login Widget. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:42 am #20045

Thanks Cristian. I noticed that it is a Paypal Pro registration form. Does this mean we need to have Paypal Pro. We want to avoid using Paypal Pro. Pls clarify, much appreciated
Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:15 pm #20125
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Hari,

You might be interested in this FAQ:
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 9:30 pm #20130

Hi Eduan,
Thanks for your help
Hari

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 3:15 am #20162

If you don’t use PayPal at all and haven’t configured the integration for it, the free registration form may give a warning about this.

Just enter fake credentials and the warning will go away, but remember to update it with real ones if you start using PayPal services. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details[/hilite] ;)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.