latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free members

Home Forums Community Forum Free members

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  David Welch 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Mar 25th, 2012 at 4:05 pm #9058
Monte Goulding
Username: monte

Hi I’m thinking of allowing free membership but I just wanted to check that users can upgrade to paid membership easily. S2member uses the subscriber Id to track which user made a payment but these free members don’t have that. For the free to paid upgrade does s2member rely on ip?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 2:37 am #9425
Mark Davies
Username: mark696

I do not think that S2member relies on IP to upgrade members. Your members can easily upgrade from free subscriber to level 1. There are videos to watch on this subject within your s2 control panel. You just need to create the right button or form.

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #9517
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Mark is correct. Basically, S2member sends information such as the user’s internal id through the paypal purchase process then uses the information to upgrade the user. Just make sure the button they click to subscribe or pay for their upgrade is available after they log into the site so s2member can capture the necessary data.

So yes, this is exactly how s2member is intended to be used. Just create a button for the level you want them to upgrade to and put it in a page they access after logging in and you should be good to go!

Hope that helps,
Dave

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.