latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free Membership Success Thank You Page

Home Forums Community Forum Free Membership Success Thank You Page

This topic contains 30 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Brian Bennis 4 years ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 2:13 pm #35265
Brian Bennis
Username: thumz

Dear Jason

Thanks for the detailed advice. You are indeed right. I’m not charging anything. I’ve done as you’ve said above and it did identify the WordPress user under Order# in iDevAffiliate as you can see…

However, what it’s recorded is the WordPress User ID. Unfortunately, in WordPress, it’s not possible to search on User ID, so if possible, please would you be kind enough to amend your URL statement above to display either the user’s email address or username, as both are searchable. And then we’re done ;)

Thanks.

Brian

PS I’ve sent a message to iDevAffiliate asking them to credit you with the commission on my purchase.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 6:38 pm #35284
Staff Member

You’re VERY welcome.

You can use %%user_email%% or %%user_login%% if you prefer. Here is a link that tracks the order number as the user’s username (i.e. %%user_login%%). See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications for a list of all Replacement Codes.

http://www.sippclub.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=72198&idev_commission=1.00&idev_ordernum=%%user_login%%&idev_option_1=%%user_id%%&idev_option_2=%%user_login%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

I recommend NOT using the email address as the order number within iDevAffiliate. If you must use one of these, I’d go with the username (just use the link above), because exposing a customer’s email address in affiliate reports would be a privacy issue for you.

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 5:32 am #35304
Brian Bennis

Dear Jason

Thanks for the revised code and the privacy point. The username came through perfectly. So we’re done. Brilliant once again.

Regarding the affiliate commission on my purchase, I’ve been having a running debate with iDevAffiliate. It appears they’ve paid the commission to an affiliate I know nothing about. I’ve been asking the support team about redirecting the payment to you and the net result is that they’d like your personal contact details to discuss it with you. This is what they’ve said…

“Brian since we are the vendor for the affiliate program and S2 is our affiliate, we will contact them directly. Please provide your point of contact’s email address. We have a few contacts but when we’ve tried contacting them in the past we don’t get replies.”

I don’t think it’s appropriate to display my conversation with iDevAffiliate on this thread. If you’d like to email me your contact details, I will copy the email conversation I’ve had with the iDevAffiliate support team so you can hopefully be correctly paid for the referral.

In case you’re reading this after the Christmas break, I wish you and your fab team a jolly time off.

Brian

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 11:34 am #35335
Staff Member

Thanks Brian! Happy holidays.

Don’t worry about the iDev thing. It’s not a big deal :-)
If they send us an email we’ll get back to them.

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 4:27 pm #35363
Brian Bennis

OK, I’ll send a final message to iDevAffiliate though, as I feel you should be paid. Hey ho!

Thanks again.

Brian

Viewing 5 replies - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.