latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free registration with email only

Home Forums Community Forum Free registration with email only

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 2:56 am #5675

Hi,

I want to make my free regsitration as simple as possible. Therefore I would like the user to only input his email address and internally a WP account should be created with username = email address.

Is this possile easily with s2member? I have the Pro version btw.

Cheers
Alex

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:16 pm #5773
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.
You might post this in the Community Forum as well, just in case another s2Member site owner has experience with this particular aspect. It’s not something s2Member currently supports though.

That being said…
We’ve written a jQuery script which tries to get this working in the free version, you can read about that here:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14806&p=33812#p33812

In s2Member Pro, it’s possible to reduce the fields collected, down to just a Username/Email, using the options provided under: s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile Fields. However, it’s not possible with a true and complete integration with WordPress, since the database and other plugins expect both an email and a Username. In other words, it’s something you’d need to hack in for your specific case.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.