latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free Subscriber Question and Scenario

Home Forums Community Forum Free Subscriber Question and Scenario

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Gregg Collum 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:31 am #26690

I was recommended to use you guys by the EventExpresso,com team.

Before I spend hours configuring and setting up I want to assure this plugin will work for my specific needs.
Information to be aware of before I ask my question:
1. I sell education training
2. My classes are scheduled using the plugin from EventExpresso.com, the attendees fillout a form to register and pay for the class using paypal.
3. My clientele are Realtors®
4. The payment method I use is Paypal Standard
5. Many Realtors® don’t like to have to register for PAYPAL to pay for my classes so paypal allows them do pay and NOT have to register to use paypal.

QUESTION ONE: Do you know if your plugin has any known conflicts with EventExpresso?
QUESTION TWO: I will NOT be charging members to access my site or any pages on it but want to limit what registered users see. I have read that I can allow FREE registration and restrict access to certain URLS. I want to prevent registered members from seeing events I have setup for special pricing. Will s2 accomplish this and how do I do this if I am allowing FREE registration.
QUESTION FOUR.: scenario — I have a class on a specific date and have already had attendees pay a retail price to attend, I will be duplicating the same class for the same date BUT am offering a discounted pricing to a SPECIFIC group of targeted attendees. I don’t want the attendees that paid FULL price to see the class with the discounted pricing. I will be allowing FREE membership as I do not want to limit or place hurdles for registration — how do I protect the class date page from being seen by the FREE registered members and yet allow the TARGETED Attendees that have not registered access? What sequence does the targeted attendees need to accomplish and how do I accomplish this with s2?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Gregg Collum.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Gregg Collum.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:21 pm #26772
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gregg,

Please see my replies below:

QUESTION ONE: Do you know if your plugin has any known conflicts with EventExpresso?

I haven’t heard of anyone using that plugin with s2Member, so I cannot speak to whether or not it would work. The only way to know for sure is to install the s2Member Framework and try using it alongside EventExpresso.

QUESTION TWO: I will NOT be charging members to access my site or any pages on it but want to limit what registered users see. I have read that I can allow FREE registration and restrict access to certain URLS. I want to prevent registered members from seeing events I have setup for special pricing. Will s2 accomplish this and how do I do this if I am allowing FREE registration.

Yes, with s2Member Pro you can create Free Registration forms that register people at any Level and with any combination of Custom Capabilities (see Video » s2Member (Free Registration On Multiple Levels?)).

In Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions, you can specify URIs that require specific levels of access. If a member attempts to access a URI that they don’t have access to, they will be redirected to the Membership Options Page (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page).

Since you’re restricting access to the content of another plugin (EventExpresso) and not just WordPress content, I cannot say for certain whether it will or will not work. The only way to be sure is to test it.

QUESTION FOUR.: scenario — I have a class on a specific date and have already had attendees pay a retail price to attend, I will be duplicating the same class for the same date BUT am offering a discounted pricing to a SPECIFIC group of targeted attendees. I don’t want the attendees that paid FULL price to see the class with the discounted pricing. I will be allowing FREE membership as I do not want to limit or place hurdles for registration — how do I protect the class date page from being seen by the FREE registered members and yet allow the TARGETED Attendees that have not registered access? What sequence does the targeted attendees need to accomplish and how do I accomplish this with s2?

I’m having trouble following the scenario, but I believe you’re asking how the targeted attendees will get access at the discounted price without the already registered free members gaining the same discounted access.

There are a few ways to do that, but the most simple would be to use the Pro-Coupon feature (available with s2Member Pro). You could create a coupon that discounts the signup price and then give that coupon to your targeted attendees. When they visit your site to signup, they will get the discounted price.

However, if you want targeted attendees to be given special access (i.e., they don’t get the exact same access as everybody else), then you’ll need some way of identifying that the member is one of the targeted attendees who signed up for a discounted price. For that, you’d want to create a second registration form specifically for them, probably giving them a special Custom Capability.

Access to that form could be restricted by either a special URL that you only give to the targeted attendees or by creating a little form that asks for a special access code and then, when the correct access code is entered, shows them the special signup form. The access code method is not the same as the Pro-Coupon method and going that route would require custom programming on your end.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:27 pm #26870

Raam –thanks when I return from out of town -I’ll see if you MO (method of operation) will work for me.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.