latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free trial and levels help!

Home Forums Community Forum Free trial and levels help!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Gisele Magnin 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 12th, 2013 at 11:51 am #61048
John Kost
Username: snowpar

I have my website online already with two levels: Level #0 for free subscribers and Level #1 for paid members who have access to everything without free trials.

Now I would like to offer a 3 days free trial to every new subscriber before become a paid member. My question is if I have to add one more level for free trialers and the existing level 1 become Level#2 or just give the free subscribers a 3 day free trial and that’s all?

In first occasion, will be any conflict for the existing members(level 1) that will upgrade in level 2?

What is the suggested way to do that, when the website is live already ?

Thank you in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 12th, 2013 at 5:20 pm #61052
cassel
Username: cassel

Do you want the free trial to be for the free subscribers to go to the current level 1 subscribers?
If so, you can just generate the button with a 3 day free trial period.
If you click on the PayPal Buttons for level 1 access , you can set a free trial for however many days you want, for free. This would not change anything to the current level 1 members.

Would that work for you?

Posted: Wednesday Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:31 am #61071
John Kost

Thanks for your reply cassel.

Yes I want the free subscribers to go to the current level 1 members only for 3 days, but before they decide to pay. So, if I generate a button, they should pay a membership immediately and gain 3 days free trial, right? However this is not what I want. Free subscribers must gain free trial without paying and if they like our services then should be able to buy membership.

I thought generating a pro form for free registration for level 1, only for 3 days access. But in this way, I wonder if every user could use it again and again or the free trial is used once by s2member by default? I want the free trial only once for every user.

Thank you.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 13th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #61098
plugto pay
Username: plugtopay

Do you want the test offer to be for the 100 % free associates to go to the present stage 1 subscribers?
If so, you can just produce the key with a 3 day test offer period.
If you simply click on the PayPal Control buttons for stage 1 access , you can set a test offer for however many days you want, for 100 % free. This would not change anything to the existing level 1 affiliates.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 13th, 2013 at 4:35 pm #61102
cassel
Username: cassel

So, if I generate a button, they should pay a membership immediately and gain 3 days free trial, right? However this is not what I want. Free subscribers must gain free trial without paying and if they like our services then should be able to buy membership.

No, there will be no fee when they click on the button. It will send to Paypal but only to schedule a recurring payment and the first payment will only be drawn after the 3 days.

I thought generating a pro form for free registration for level 1, only for 3 days access. But in this way, I wonder if every user could use it again and again or the free trial is used once by s2member by default? I want the free trial only once for every user.

Yes, in theory, someone could do that. I remember somewhere in the forum, seeing a way to prevent that. Since I never used it, I cannot say anything about it. Maybe a search of the forum can lead you to the method to get around that. If I can find it, i’ll link to it.

Posted: Thursday Nov 14th, 2013 at 12:33 pm #61126
John Kost

Thank you for your replies!

Is it possible with a pro form or the free registration form instead of paypal button? I don’t want to send users to paypal for free trial and the most important is that payment must not be scheduled after 3 days. The user has to decide if he/she will buy a membership after 3 days of free trial usage.

Thank you

Posted: Tuesday Nov 19th, 2013 at 2:43 am #61222
John Kost

Any suggestions from the administrators??

Posted: Tuesday Nov 19th, 2013 at 4:57 pm #61233

First of all where do I go to create A NEW FORUM TOPIC?

I’M NOT GETTING THE HELP I NEED!!!!

My website functions solely on one cost only. However, the price changed by request of my followers. They felt the price was too low. I increased the price, which increased the number of NEW subscribers. HOWEVER, it is not changing the price for the old subscribers, who are thinking I now ignored them.

HOW DO I CHANGE THE PRICE OF THE OLD SUBSCRIBERS? SO THAT ALL SUBSCRIBERS PAY THE SAME RATE????

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.