latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free trial on membership level

Home Forums Community Forum Free trial on membership level

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 12:22 am #21854
ines
Username: ines

Hi,

I’ve been trying out the basic version for a few months (which looks great :)) but I’m struggling in some points. I’m not sure whether I’m going to need the PRO version or not. This is what I’m offering:

My site offers access to a specific page that has an application. Subscriptions can be monthly, biannual or annual. Registration is required prior to the purchase. The problem is that I also want to offer a 5-day free trial – which presumably everyone would use before purchasing – and that at EOT doesn’t charge the user and takes him automatically to level 0. I’ve read other threads where you’ve suggested using PRO Forms, is this what I would need? I’ve looked for videos and tutorials but wasn’t lucky, so I hope you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 7:46 am #21961
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Ines,

Yes, you’ll need Pro-Forms for this, which are only available with s2Member Pro.

What you’d do is generate a Free Registration Pro-Form (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) and configure the shortcode attributes to provide access for a specific duration (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)).

With the Pro-Forms you can specify a specific amount of access (for example 5 days), after which the user will automatically be demoted or deleted as per your configuration in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:13 am #21978
ines

Thanks for you help, Raam! ;)

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:55 pm #22014
ines

I have one more question after reading the FAQ “To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?”

I won’t need a PayPal PRO account to use this free form, as there won’t be any payment, am I right?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  ines.
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 8:51 pm #22041
Eduan
Username: Eduan

That is correct Ines. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.