latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free trial Then pay subscription problem

Home Forums Community Forum Free trial Then pay subscription problem

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Juan Vanegas 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 3rd, 2013 at 4:34 am #54823
Juan Vanegas
Username: juanjo

Hello every body, love to be back with an other exciting problem in my hands.

Let me start by explaining what i’m trying to accomplish.
Option where customers will have 7 days free trial and then will be charge ,SINGLE time, for ONE MONTH access for premium content, no recurring billing just one charge after the free trial end.

For this single purpose i activated PAYPAL FLOW in my paypal PRO account, because a few months back i did try this exact same scenario, and i was told the it was not possible without the PAYPAL FLOW active in my account for the recurring billing, had the impression the it could be accomplish with regular PAYPAL PRO account because of this video, now the i need to setup this subscription in my website i’m having a really hard time making it work properly.

Here are two examples of the short code use for the pro forms in this cases:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form 
level="1" 
ccaps="mback,trial_onem_nr" 
desc="TEST Trial FREE for 1 Days then 1 week for 0.5. You will not be billed today." 
ps="paypal" 
lc="" 
cc="USD" 
dg="0" 
ns="1" 
custom="roofshingles.skyviewestimator.com" 
ta="0" 
tp="1" 
tt="W" 
ra="0.10" 
rp="1" 
rt="W" 
rr="0" 
rrt="" 
rra="0" 
accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" 
accept_via_paypal="paypal" 
coupon="" 
accept_coupons="0" 
default_country_code="" 
captcha="0" 
success="/thank-you-for-your-purchase/?eot=%%auto_eot_time%%&userN=%%user_first_name%%&userMail=%%user_email%%&userlog=%%user_login%%&ups=%%user_pass%%" /]
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form 
level="1" 
ccaps="mback,trial_onem_nr" 
desc="Your 7-Day trial starts immediately. You will not be billed today." 
ps="paypal" 
lc="" 
cc="USD" 
dg="0" 
ns="1" 
custom="roofshingles.skyviewestimator.com" 
ta="0" 
tp="1" 
tt="W" 
ra="79" 
rp="1" 
rt="M" 
rr="0" 
rrt="" 
rra="0" 
accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" 
accept_via_paypal="paypal" 
coupon="" 
accept_coupons="0" 
default_country_code="" 
captcha="0" 
success="/thank-you-for-your-purchase/?eot=%%auto_eot_time%%&userN=%%user_first_name%%&userMail=%%user_email%%&userlog=%%user_login%%&ups=%%user_pass%%&label=7DayFreePOM" /]

The problems i’m been having with this are, customers do subscribe with out any problems what so ever, they do get the 7 days trial, but after the trial ends and they are successfully charge for the month subscription, they are demoted to subscriber level with no access to the premium content, so right after the customer ends the trial and are successfully charge they are demoted to subscriber. That it’s the main issue. Beside that i have a few question about how the, free trial and pay for access, work,
1-Do we get a single EOT for the complete time TRIAL + PAY ACCESS time, or do i get two sets of EOTs.
2-Any way to know when customer will be bill
3-How to know when a payment it’s successful.
4-Am i using the right pro form to accomplish this particular behavior, free trial, then pay access ( perhaps i should start with that one )

PAYPAL API LOG

LOG ENTRY: Sat Aug 3rd, 2013 @ precisely 5:54 am UTC
PHP v5.3.26 :: WordPress® v3.5.2 :: s2Member® v130802 :: s2Member® Pro v130802
Memory 38.07 MB :: Real Memory 38.25 MB :: Peak Memory 38.14 MB :: Real Peak Memory 38.25 MB
roofshingles.skyviewestimator.com/pricing-test/
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36
-------- Input vars: ( Sat Aug 3, 2013 5:54:37 am UTC ) --------
array (
  'METHOD' => 'GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails',
  'PROFILEID' => '',
  'VERSION' => '71.0',
  'USER' => '*******************',
  'PWD' => 'xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG',
  'SIGNATURE' => 'xxxxxxxx/PWD/SIG',
)
-------- Output string/vars: ( Sat Aug 3, 2013 5:54:38 am UTC ) --------
TIMESTAMP=2013%2d08%2d03T05%3a54%3a37Z&CORRELATIONID=deaedcfbc5f19&ACK=Failure&VERSION=71%2e0&BUILD=7161310&L_ERRORCODE0=11551&L_SHORTMESSAGE0=Profile%20Id%20is%20missing%20from%20the%20request&L_LONGMESSAGE0=Profile%20Id%20is%20missing%20from%20the%20request&L_SEVERITYCODE0=Error
array (
  'TIMESTAMP' => '2013-08-03T05:54:37Z',
  'CORRELATIONID' => 'deaedcfbc5f19',
  'ACK' => 'Failure',
  'VERSION' => '71.0',
  'BUILD' => '7161310',
  'L_ERRORCODE0' => '11551',
  'L_SHORTMESSAGE0' => 'Profile Id is missing from the request',
  'L_LONGMESSAGE0' => 'Profile Id is missing from the request',
  'L_SEVERITYCODE0' => 'Error',
  '__error' => 'Error #11551. Profile Id is missing from the request. Profile Id is missing from the request.',
)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 7:29 pm #55152

The problems i’m been having with this are, customers do subscribe with out any problems what so ever, they do get the 7 days trial, but after the trial ends and they are successfully charge for the month subscription, they are demoted to subscriber level with no access to the premium content, so right after the customer ends the trial and are successfully charge they are demoted to subscriber. That it’s the main issue.

In your example I see that rr="0"; indicating that payment does not recur. This controls access also. When the subscription ends, an EOT Time is set by s2Member® and the customer will lose access after the additional month they are paying for. If you look at one of these customer’s accounts in WP, you should find that s2Member® set their EOT Time to one month after the actual payment date, and that’s to be expected in this particular scenario.

Here is what you will need to accomplish what you want to do.

Two Options

1. Set rr="1" so that payments and access to the site will both recur on an interval that you choose. ~ ONGOING access being the key here.

2. Use what you’ve got now (just like it is); but disable s2Member’s Auto EOT System.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

PAYPAL API LOG

Regarding the log entry you posted. It’s normal to see that. s2Member® always checks to see if an existing Recurring Profile already exists. The error simply indicates that one did not exist, and s2Member® deals with this internally, gracefully. It shows up in the logs, but it’s nothing to be concerned about.

Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 1:40 pm #55231
Juan Vanegas
Username: juanjo

Thanks mike for getting back to me, much appreciated, i’ll try both of them to see wich one bests suits my needs, i’ll try first the option 1.

Set rr=”1″ so that payments and access to the site will both recur on an interval that you choose. ~ ONGOING access being the key here.

I’ll let you know how it go, just a few notes regarding the EOT, as i have me shortcodes setup right now ( examples above ) i do not get any EOT at all, not until the customer is dometed after the free trial, i get in the , and the other thing and must importing will be to know the EOT behavior in this case ( option 1, you just suggested ), do i get a single EOT for the hall time, 7 days free + 1 moth pay, or do i get two sets of EOT, one for the trial and then one after the payment.

Thakns again mike, i’ll let you know as soon as i can ( at least two days, have to test it live and the least amount of time for the trial will be 1 day )

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.