latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Free v. Paid for Paid Registration

Home Forums Community Forum Free v. Paid for Paid Registration

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 10th, 2012 at 6:55 pm #7845

I am looking at using s2Member to register new users for a service we provide. This is a paid service. The registration site is a wordpress site.

As part of the registration process we want the user to be asked to pay a recurring registration fee via paypal. We then want to use the API features to pass the registration data through to our service and register the user within that system.

If the user cancels their payment via paypal we want the s2member service to detect this and then make an API call to cancel the users access to our service.

Can I achieve this using the free version of S2Member? Do I need to purchase the paid version of S2Member? Is what I am asking doable with s2Member?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 12th, 2012 at 6:32 am #7884
cassel
Username: cassel

I am pretty sure the free version of s2Member can do just that. The Pro version has benefits in other categories, but dealing with Paypal is standard even with the free version.

Good luck.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:32 am #7957

Hi Gerard.

Right, you should be able to do that with the free version. The Notification API is what you may want to use.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications[/hilite]

About the registration and payment part, you can have them pay first and register second, or the other way around.

If you want to have them register and pay in the same step, you would need the Pro add-on to use a pro-form.
Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:38 am #7959

Thanks Cristian. I want them to register and pay in one step. So pro it is.

Gerard

Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 7:10 am #7980

Cool. Glad I could answer your question. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.