latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Front End Editing

Home Forums Community Forum Front End Editing

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Devra 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:30 pm #19196
VegasKev
Username: vegaskev

This is not necessarily a S2Member issue, however, I’m hoping that someone from this large community may have a solution as I cannot seem to find one that actually works correctly.

I have a membership site which gives people the ability to create a single post. However, sometimes these people need to edit their post info (paragraph body, tags, custom fields, thumbnail, etc.). I really don’t want them in the wp-admin area (as it’s confusing for most of my members on this site), however, I want them to have the ability to make individual changes to their posts. I’ve researched a significant amount of front-end post editors and none of them have really been able to fit the bill. I’m using gravity forms to allow the members to create the posts, but Gravity Forms does not give users the ability to edit on the front-end, so that is out of the question. I’ve looked at one front-end editor that actually looked good, but in order to edit custom fields, they would have had to create the post using the plugin that does the editing. This will obviously not work for two reasons.

1. The plugin wasn’t installed for all of the previous posts, gravity forms was used
  2. If i use this other plugin, the tracking and organization of post entries and edits gets lost in the shuffle, whereas the gravity forms entries manager handles everything quite well, so I do not want to ditch Gravity Forms for this aspect of the process

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:49 am #20200
Devra
Username: devra

I would also be interested in this answer.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.