latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Front end translation, my final call

Home Forums Community Forum Front end translation, my final call

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:50 pm #27345

Some help here will make me a Very Happy Man. Thanks for reading.

Struggled for weeks to get the PRO forms translated in the front-end. Spinning around and get back to “translate” forum and “Read this article” link. No answers. I just don get it. Using WPML string translation, scanned and found 288 strings. Not all. Missing labels like “Username ( lowercase letters and/or numbers ) *” and much more as “Billing method” “Your profile” and so on.

The “Password strenght indicator” srtings is working (both WPML and ICLoc) and First name, Last name. But, I repeat, the “Password *” “Email address” – shows up in the translation back-end, but Not in the front-end.

Tried the localize plugin and created mo files and no changes to the labels and headings in the pro forms. Nothing happens in the front-end. (yes, clearing cache m.m.)

Using Buddypress, Wp single install and a lot of functions – all playing nice with translations, s2member, WPML, Simple cache, custom fields etc etc. Everything in five diffrent languages.

The s2member Pro forms -partial- don translate. – To any method I tried out.

In the end, I need to find WHERE the shortcodes for PRO forms are done in the core files, to hack a multi-lang support, but I need to ask someone here if I am missing something BASIC to just get One lang to work – as I expect/ Think would be able to handled with _x calls. WPML and other translation plugins should support it. I wonder if _x calls are missing in the core files?

If there is no solution, could someone point a direction where the do_shortcodes for PRO form are executed.

As s2member level labels (silver member etc etc) don show up anywhere in any translation plugin, I also suppose that they cant be translated without a hack in the core file as well. ?

And summary to all developers, thanks for a GREAT plugin, the Pro version is so much worth every Euro. If this product would be multi-lang supported, The love with WPML + s2m + Buddy + WP could grip a step of the more complex network market.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 9:53 pm #27379
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’ve not messed with any translations, but have you tried these steps?

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-for-s2member-language-translation/#lead-topic-26754

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 4:52 am #27395

Hi and thanks for the reply.
Yes, I tried create the .mo file with diffrent tools, including the steps in that link. Ive moved around the mo files in diffrent directories, re-saved, re-scanned. I been searching around for weeks / scanned all I can find on both s2member forum, WPML forum, Qtranslate etc etc

To slice it down a little and find the problem, I would like to know WHERE do the PRO forms been echoed out, and see if those labels REALLY are in the gettext calls when output. The funny is that the labels “strenght password indicator” works, and The diffrent lang modules I tested find almost every string, but output always default lang. Some strings are missing though. (as explained above) and I need to know if they really are _x(). Sholud be…

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:48 am #27418

Hi Jonas.

Have you tried a hack like the one here? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-set-signup-now-link-on-login-widget/#post-18518

I would like to know WHERE do the PRO forms been echoed out, and see if those labels REALLY are in the gettext calls when output.

The best way to find each string would be to use a text editor that lets you search in multiple files, so you search all the source files in the s2Member and s2Member Pro folders. I use EditPlus, but others have this feature too.

If you can’t do that, then look at the files in these folders:
s2member-pro\includes\classes\gateways\[gateway]\
s2member-pro\includes\templates\forms\

I just searched for “billing method” and got results from those directories. [hilite mono]_x[/hilite] is used in each, but make sure you have the exact string to translate it or you won’t have a match.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.