latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

fullment notification home study subscription

Home Forums Community Forum fullment notification home study subscription

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Tom Dotz 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 5:27 pm #55913
Tom Dotz
Username: nlpcom

I want to sell a home study course consisting of 12 sets of DVDs. So setting up the payments is easy.
What I wonder if S2 can help me with is notifying my fulfillment person monthly which sections to send to which customers.
As you can imagine, within just a few months I will have customers receiving 3 – 4 or more different sections and ultimately all 12 sections will be shipping every month to different groups of customers.
So I need a notification or tracking that provides
Customer Name
Shipping Address
Module # to ship this month, eg Module 4
…and Month/date, eg May 30
would be nice, too.

No luck finding anything in the KB except ads for jobs doing fulfillent or coding. Amazon? why am I getting Amazon replies when I search in the S2 knowledge base? :-)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 19th, 2013 at 11:41 pm #56206
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry for the delay over the weekend.

s2Member can’t achieve this by itself, sorry. It sounds like you would need to set up some custom code to achieve this, with s2Member’s API Notifications.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications
See Also: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

You should be able to get the information you need with these API Notifications, but it will require custom scripting because s2Member is not equipped to deal with these kinds of Notifications. I’ll take this as feedback and see if it might be possible to add this at a later time. Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 6:46 pm #56295
Tom Dotz
Username: nlpcom

Hi Bruce,

Thanks much for a clear answer, and for uprating to management.

Naturally, from out here this seems like it would be a pretty simple addition to the payment notification.
S2 must be logging start date, and from there it’s a counting function, either months or payments received.

Oddly, this would really make S2 stand out from its competition, as (perhaps?) the only WP member software with fulfillment notification for physical deliverables.
It could be quite useful, too, for other purposes like sending a special thank you gift (chocolates, anyone? :) on anniversary dates.

Best Regards,
Tom

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  Tom Dotz.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.