latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Functions I can't figure out…!

Home Forums Community Forum Functions I can't figure out…!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 2:10 am #9690
Andrew Lock
Username: dsmusic

Hi guys,

We’ve recently installed s2 pro, but have a few things we need to be able to do that I can’t figure out how to make happen:

1 – Add custom capabilities based on responses in a registration form
I know it’s possible to create a form that will add CCaps directly, however, we need people to be able to tick one or more checkboxes and get CCaps based on which they have ticked.

2 – Send emails to users on membership upgrade
We also need to have the system automatically send an email to users when we upgrade their membership level (from Level 1 to Level 2, for example)

I’ve spent a lot of time on the forums trying to figure these out with no luck – can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

– Andrew Lock

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 10:34 am #9697
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew, thanks for your inquiry.

1 – Add custom capabilities based on responses in a registration form
I know it’s possible to create a form that will add CCaps directly, however, we need people to be able to tick one or more checkboxes and get CCaps based on which they have ticked.

This is currently not completely possible with s2Member, you would require to code this… That said, it is possible to do it, and you might be interested in a couple of threads on this:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15715&p=50483
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6546

2 – Send emails to users on membership upgrade
We also need to have the system automatically send an email to users when we upgrade their membership level (from Level 1 to Level 2, for example)

s2Member already sends users a little reminder when they upgrade or downgrade their account, or when any change is made to their account. In respect to sending yourselves a notification, you might be interested in seeing the options under Dashboard -› s2Member® -> API / Notifications, Jason (lead developer) also made a video on the subject:
Video » s2Member (API Tracking/Notifications)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 7:36 pm #9720
Andrew Lock

Thanks Eduan! I’ll look into those links in more detail shortly but quickly for now – how can we customise or see the email that gets sent on membership upgrade?

Thanks,

– A

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 7:46 pm #9721
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

Thanks Eduan! I’ll look into those links in more detail shortly but quickly for now – how can we customise or see the email that gets sent on membership upgrade?

You’re welcome. :)
You mean the email that gets sent to the user or to the admin?

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 8:01 pm #9722
Andrew Lock

To the user…

Posted: Sunday Apr 1st, 2012 at 9:27 pm #9725
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

Currently the only way to customize this email is using the hack on this post by Jason:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33365#p33365

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.