latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Generating Coupons

Home Forums Community Forum Generating Coupons

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 25th, 2012 at 11:53 pm #29734
Adam Lee
Username: bilbong30

I am trying to generate coupon codes that are 100% off. For instance we have a membership that cost $5 online. However are also selling the membership to the public in person. We sell cards for $5 that have a scratch off on them. We want to have the coupon code for $5 value under the scratch off. How can i generate a 10,000 coupon codes that have each have a value of $5 and can only be used once?

Thanks for your help.

Adam

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:57 am #29787

Hi Adam.

Coupons can’t be 100%-off yet. Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)

And you can limit them with an expiration date, but there isn’t a uses limit yet.

Both are features we’ll be adding in a future release, but there isn’t a date for that yet. We’ll announce it when that happens. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 2:08 pm #30179
Adam Lee

Is there anyway to do this? Can I pay you to have this done ? Super important to me or this wont work. :(
Got everything dialed in with this software only to find out the coupons cant be 100%. Not good. Should of researched a bit more. Just weird to me you can do a coupon for $4.99 but not $5 on a product that is $5.\

Any ideas on a way to make this work? Thanks so much for your help.

Adam

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 5:07 pm #30211
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Adam,

This is a limitation on PayPal’s side. PayPal won’t allow 100%-off coupons, since the checkout amount must be at least $0.01.

With s2Member Pro, we offer the Free Registration forms, which can be used to provide free registration. You can then write a little bit of custom code to mimic a coupon-type functionality using the voucher code example provided here.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 7:11 pm #30221
Adam Lee

What if we are not using Paypal? I use authorize.net. Does that make a difference?

We cant use a free registration form because the membership to our site is $5. However we have people who purchases memberships from retails stores for $5. So when they visit our site they have essentially already paid for the membership. Hope that makes sense. We just want people who purchase these cards from a retail location to be able to visit our site and plugin a coupon code they scratch off to avoid having to pay again…

Adam

Posted: Wednesday Oct 31st, 2012 at 6:26 pm #30268
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Adam,

You can use a Free Registration form for exactly that purpose. The Free Registration forms can be configured to give someone the same access they would get through a paid form (i.e., you can configure the free registration form to sign people up to Level 1, 2, 3, etc., along with any Custom Capabilities that your paid signup may be including; all of these options are configurable in the shortcode attributes). Please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms for more information.

At this time, it’s not possible to use the Pro-Coupon codes feature to offer a 100% discount for any of the payment gateways.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.