latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Gift memberships & pro version?

Home Forums Community Forum Gift memberships & pro version?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  pico the one and only 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 12:23 am #5002
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

Hello,
I have my paid membership site (one level, recurring monthly payments via Paypal) all set up and running with the free version of s2member. I have several members now wishing to give gift memberships to others. I haven’t been able to find a good way to have a current member pay for, say,
a two-month gift membership and at the end of that two months have the gift recipient take over the payments but keep her profile and history of activity on the site during that past two months.

I found this thread at the old forums:
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16668&view=unread

…and it gives me the hope that it might be possible. But this thread deals with one person going from a free trial membership period to a paying one. Is there something in the pro-version that would make gift certificates/trial memberships easy to setup?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Feb 14th, 2012 at 1:19 am #5016

I also have the same question.

Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 9:19 pm #5553
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

I must say, this is not very impressive pre-sales help.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 2:30 pm #5709

I also have this question. We have several clients that we would buy s2 members for but we need some pre sales support.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #5712

One way to do this would be to have fixed term membership that expires after a set amount of time. Then the user could “renew” this membership with their own billing information.

So, does s2 members support fix term memberships?

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 4:42 am #15766
Castle TV
Username: CastleTV

I also have members asking if they can “gift” paid membership to another user, is this possible?

Posted: Monday Dec 31st, 2012 at 1:06 pm #35854

this post made me hopeful http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/gifting-membership-or-certificate-upcoming/
but it doesn’t sound anything is or was happening.

or is it?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.