latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Good for non-member site with paid ecourses?

Home Forums Community Forum Good for non-member site with paid ecourses?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 9th, 2013 at 12:45 pm #60247

Hi Guys!
Our site is not a ‘membership’ site, we just have online courses that we need to restrict access to. We have multiple course offerings (with different prices) that we just want our customers to be able to choose, pay, and access. No recurring membership, no access at various ‘levels’. Just pay, get login access, take course, access expires after a set amount of time.
I’m not sure if the Specific Page Access Restrictions or the Simple Conditional Shortcodes (for Specific content for each different Member Level) are the features that will help me accomplish what I need.
I have the free version and will upgrade to pro (we need the auth.net gateway pro forms), but don’t want to do so until I know if the plugin will work for our needs. Can s2M work for our needs?
Thanks so much! :) Kathy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 12th, 2013 at 1:16 am #60307
cassel
Username: cassel

You should be able to do that very easily. On my site, I have ONE subscription available, but a ton of single “buy now” courses too. I love using ccaps and conditionals. I tend to prefer that from the Page Restriction, because it allows me to “sell” my courses more than just redirecting the visitor to the same page.

In my site, I will have a sale pitch and the class on the same page: if you are not logged in, or if you don’t have the required ccap, you will see the sale pitch with the Buy now button; if you are logged in and with the required ccap, then you will see the video and have access to the download, while the sale pitch is hidden.

It is very simple and can even be done with the free version so you can try it before you purchase the pro version.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.